Contribute
Register

MSI Optix MAG341CQ Ultrawide at Microcenter for $350 after rebate (plus free gaming chair!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro-F12d
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The cheapest price I've seen for an Ultrawide monitors at 3440x1440 resolution. It's a VA panel in a bare bones package. No speakers, no height adjustment, no joystick for menus, no USB, not a lot of fancy settings for color calibration, not the most robust build quality. So it's not something for someone who wants an absolutely flawless monitor. But it's a beautiful panel, 100Hz, with Freesync.

AND MSI is running a promotion right now where if you buy this monitor you get a free gaming chair valued at... $350 dollars. Which you can either use or sell on craigslist. There's two more days on the free chair deal. It looks like the chair is the MSI CH110.

There's only two days left on the chair promotion. The promotion requires you create an account on their website and register your product with a receipt/invoice.

There's also a free game promotion with the same monitor (Tom Clancy's the Division 2).

Promotions are near the top of this page on the right:

Edited to add:
After you create an account and register your product you have to go to "My Products" and select your product and click on "Relative Promotion" then apply to redeem one of the promotions. Looks like you have to pick either the game or the chair (it's confusing, it says you can only redeem once, but maybe they just mean I can't claim two chairs, but I could still get the game?). The web forms are annoying and confusing and it took some work to get through the process. It does say you need a receipt marked by the 18th, but you have until the 26th to register. (Although there's also a sweepstakes and that is supposedly going to be announced on the 20th).

Last edited:
This MSI promotion with the chair is over I think, but in case anyone else has this monitor, I find I get the best color results with the monitor settings recommended by Tom's Hardware (Gamma 2.2, Custom Color Temp of RGB 52/48/44), and with the Mac Prefs set with a color profile of "sRGB IEC61966-2.1". The default profile the mac picked for this monitor was pretty washed out and reds were very orange. (Where does Mac get this? Does it download it from somewhere or talk to the monitor?).

Just setting the color profile on it's own wasn't sufficient, as the greys looked either pink or blue if the color temp was set to cool or warm instead of custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back