Contribute
Register

MSI N660 Gaming 2GD5/OC or MSI GTX-750 TI Twin Frozr 2GB/OC or GV-N760 OC 2GB DDR5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX 760 TF OC
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am building up a Customac Pro , I have a question in my curious mind :!: at this moment that is, is there any necessity for going for Gigabyte GV-N760 OC 2GB DDR5 or i can go for MSI N660 Gaming 2GD5/OC ( http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N660_Gaming_2GD5OC.html#hero-specification ) or MSI GTX-750 TI Twin Frozr 2GB/OC without any worries or compatible issues with mavericks or Yosemite in future because the price difference between these are around $120-$130 in my country :banghead:.

I will be using my build for photo and video editing works. I will be using software's like Adobe PS CC 2014, Illustrator CC 2014, Final Cut Pro2, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Cinema 4D, Adobe Indesign, QuarkXpress, Adobe Dreamweaver etc.

I need your comments and suggestion friends.

The 760 is better than the 660. Doesn't matter which manufacturer.

The 750ti isn't supported, hence why it isn't in the buyers guide.

Definitely 760 is better than 660 but my question do i actually need 760 to do my job or 660 will do it without any problem. :)

Definitely 760 is better than 660 but my question do i actually need 760 to do my job or 660 will do it without any problem. :)

Both will work with Hackintosh.

Whether the additional performance gain is worth the increase in price only you can decide. Have a look at benchmarks and decide if the difference is worth it. I don't use editing software, but when I was deciding between the 760 and 770 for gaming I researched performance in terms of frames per second and made a judgement about which was closer to my needs and expectation from my machine, and which would fit my budget obviously...

No, you can do your job with a 660. You can just do it faster with a 760. For comparison, a 760 is close to the 670 in terms of real-world performance. But we're talking about cutting a few seconds off things here and there.

When I freelanced and needed to make these sorts of decisions, I did the math like this: Take the difference in price between the two options and divide that by your hourly rate. That gives you how many more hours you'd have to work to afford the more expensive part. Given the performance difference, how much time is it going to save you over the life of the device? If that time is higher than the number of hours you'd have to work to pay for it... Buy it. If not, don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back