Contribute
Register

MSI H81I/Pentium G3258/PNY Geforce GT 430/10.8.5 *NO DSDT!* Fully working! everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already knew the FakeCPUID trick. I initially use 0x000106E0, it doesn't work well, Cinebench CPU score sucks.
So, I went ahead and change to different ids, 0x000206F0 works the best.
By the way, do you have any idea on how to make the Intel HD graphic on this CPU works?
On the Haswell Celerons/Pentiums the built-in GPU will not work, only HD 3000 or above are working on anything higher than Mountain Lion. For example, the HD 2000 has no QE/CI but correct resolution, Intel HD without numbers No QE/CI or correct resolution, HD 2500 perfect in Mountain Lion, still bugs in Mavericks, Yosemite?
Also I am using the CPUID of a Core i5 2500K (Sandy Bridge) and it has gotten perfect geekbench right where this CPU should be (Well, somewhat higher than normal; It has been O.C. to 3.7Ghz) I am still testing Ghz of 4.1Ghz and above, though 4 Ghz seems to be fine, but for now I plan on upping to 4.0 only. Also if you knew the FAKECPUID trick it'd have been better if you had posted it when you discovered it, no documentation on it has been posted until me, trust me, I scouted lots and lots, but nothing closely related. Well, you should know that I found it out of pure luck: I wanted to change the Dual-Core Xeon in the About this Mac to an i5, but I did FakeID when I saw it in Clover to the ID of a Sandy Bridge Core i5-K to see if it'd change it, well, I accidentally pressed my USB which had Mavericks installer (Who knows why it was ever inserted) but, once I realized my mistake, I saw it was the installer for Mavericks and I said, OMG! I gotta go post on my build thread NOW! Well, perhaps an exaggeration. Well, it actually also changed the Xeon to i5, so I got my goal done.
My geekbench score is buried in my junkload of documents but I can remember it was slightly higher than a Mid-2011 iMac with an i5, (At that time, it used desktop sockets for the CPU; in this case, LGA 1155) so I knew that I had the equivalent potential of that Core i5 in that iMac (Who knows what it was, but I know it was a 27 incher)So I would recommend the CPUID of 205A7 for all of you, since it got me the best core I could get. Remember, I was O.C., at that time, I was testing 4.0Ghz.
Good luck and thanks for all your comments, I like to help.

I already knew the FakeCPUID trick. I initially use 0x000106E0, it doesn't work well, Cinebench CPU score sucks.
So, I went ahead and change to different ids, 0x000206F0 works the best.
By the way, do you have any idea on how to make the Intel HD graphic on this CPU works?
Also, I noticed that both you and me are using ID's beginning with 20xxx, I guess that Id's in the 20's work well? You yourself said that you used 106E0 and it was horrid, you tried 20xxx and it was well, I also used 20xxx and it was pleasant too. Just an observation. Also, what CPU and model number was the 106E0 from? Just so I can investigate.

Also, I noticed that both you and me are using ID's beginning with 20xxx, I guess that Id's in the 20's work well? You yourself said that you used 106E0 and it was horrid, you tried 20xxx and it was well, I also used 20xxx and it was pleasant too. Just an observation. Also, what CPU and model number was the 106E0 from? Just so I can investigate.

I found them here http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches
If you think you are the first one who discover this, then you are!
I have no comment!
I really appreciate the hard work of those who develop such a great program.

Yup. Using cpufake ID, with 0x0306A0 ivy bridge id's. I wonder if different ids will increase performance.

Hi, Would you please tell me what id did you use on the usb installer.
On my computer, 0x0306A0 works fine. on the other hand, on my usb installer, CPU panic. Any idea?
Thanks in advance!

my spec:
MSI H81M-P33
Intel G3258

my install went smooth with clover (FakeCPUID 0x0306A0) but i can't get audio and Ethernet to work

CPU G3285
GPU GT610
MotherBoard Asrock H97M
Audio Realtek ALC892
LAN Qualcomm Atheros AR8171

any help to get them working ??:beachball::beachball:

I found them here http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches
If you think you are the first one who discover this, then you are!
I have no comment!
I really appreciate the hard work of those who develop such a great program.
Well, the option to do it was already documented, but since nobody succeeded in Haswell and Mavericks, it was not even attempted. So, indirectly, yes, I sorta was the first to discover the trick AND forum it, but it was already known along many people but did not share it. ADVICE: If you discover something like that, please share it! And, for those who already knew it, when'd you discover it?

my install went smooth with clover (FakeCPUID 0x0306A0) but i can't get audio and Ethernet to work

CPU G3285
GPU GT610
MotherBoard Asrock H97M
Audio Realtek ALC892
LAN Qualcomm AtherosAR8171

any help to get them working ??:beachball::beachball:
Multibeast 10.9: Audio: Realtek ALCXXX, select ALC892
MultiBeast 10.9: Network, Atheros, AtherosL1cEthernet.kext
That should work.

Multibeast 10.9: Audio: Realtek ALCXXX, select ALC892
MultiBeast 10.9: Network, Atheros, AtherosL1cEthernet.kext
That should work.

i installed Yosemite and multibeast 7.1.1 install was ok but after restarted chimera bootloader was installed which now stuck on usbmsc identifier xxxxxxxx:crazy::crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back