Contribute
Register

MSI H81I/Pentium G3258/PNY Geforce GT 430/10.8.5 *NO DSDT!* Fully working! everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a UEFI update, I forgot to mention, that my cpu was actually never supported until a week ago, which update enabled me to overclock the chip, and allow my 1866 mhz ram to run full speed from the memory controller over clock, and the CPU is bumped from 3.2GHZ to now 3.7GHZ, and you can go further, but I used the stock cooler.).

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but from what I read, the H81i does not support overclocking. The other MSI H81 boards do but the Mini-itx version does not. I have this board and cannot figure out a solution. Which bios version are you using and do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but from what I read, the H81i does not support overclocking. The other MSI H81 boards do but the Mini-itx version does not. I have this board and cannot figure out a solution. Which bios version are you using and do you have any suggestions? Thanks!
You need BIOS update. I used the latest and greatest. Don't remember the version but in my update it says support g3258 cpu

You need BIOS update. I used the latest and greatest. Don't remember the version but in my update it says support g3258 cpu

I did apply the latest and greatest, the one that says it supports the g3258. The processor is indeed supported, but when I try to unlock overclocking, I am denied. Customer Support said spend more money and get a Z board.

I did apply the latest and greatest, the one that says it supports the g3258. The processor is indeed supported, but when I try to unlock overclocking, I am denied. Customer Support said spend more money and get a Z board.
You probably have the one with one PCIE x16 and one x1, I believe that one does not work, I have the one with only one expansion the pcie x16. The one with x1 AND x16 I think might not be supported.
Good luck if you need more instructions please do not hesitate to contact me via the forum. (This thread)

You probably have the one with one PCIE x16 and one x1, I believe that one does not work, I have the one with only one expansion the pcie x16. The one with x1 AND x16 I think might not be supported.
Good luck if you need more instructions please do not hesitate to contact me via the forum. (This thread)

This is the board I have

I don't see another PCI slot.

Tigerdirect has a good deal on a Z board now, so I might just go that route. Lesson learned, and there's always eBay to unload my "mistake"

Thanks again!

Also, are you using the included MSI Intel Extreme Tuning Utility or the BIOS to overclock? If using bios, how did you enable the settings? Thanks.

BIOS, and I cannot o.c via msi overclock utility, since the only operating system on my sad is os x mountain lion. All I did was go to the bios, and in o.c. section, after a bios update, highlighted the cpu ratio or multiplier and I pressed the + key until I got the value I wanted.

BIOS, and I cannot o.c via msi overclock utility, since the only operating system on my sad is os x mountain lion. All I did was go to the bios, and in o.c. section, after a bios update, highlighted the cpu ratio or multiplier and I pressed the + key until I got the value I wanted.

Just wanted to follow up. Seems like you were right all along :)

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?p=36561735#post36561735 mentioned that with MSI boards, you don't click and select, you mouseover and change. Reading your above response, I think that's what you were telling me to do.

Thanks for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back