Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I bought a cheap Sandy box and I would really like it if I could get OS X working on it. I searched around the forum and it seems it's def possible.

My specs;

i5 2500 (none k)
2x4GB Corsair RAM
Intel HD 2000 iGPU / nVidia GT210
MSI H77MA-G43

Flashed the board with the latest BIOS, can't find any modded BIOS so I just went with it. I followed the usual guide to installing it via Unibeast and I can't get it to even install as it either kernel panics or get's stuck.

Verbose shows something about Bluetooth which is odd as this board doesn't have bluetooth or any BT devices. After "DMOS Has arrived it shows;

"[IOBlutoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport and hangs there for like 5 minutes, then moved on and gets stuck at localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.DataDetectorsDynamicData) <warning>: The JoinExistingSession key is only available to Application services.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I bought a cheap Sandy box and I would really like it if I could get OS X working on it. I searched around the forum and it seems it's def possible.

My specs;

i5 2500 (none k)
2x4GB Corsair RAM
Intel HD 2000 iGPU / nVidia GT210
MSI H77MA-G43

Flashed the board with the latest BIOS, can't find any modded BIOS so I just went with it. I followed the usual guide to installing it via Unibeast and I can't get it to even install as it either kernel panics or get's stuck.

Install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from Multibeast.

Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

Verbose shows something about Bluetooth which is odd as this board doesn't have bluetooth or any BT devices. After "DMOS Has arrived it shows;

"[IOBlutoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport and hangs there for like 5 minutes, then moved on and gets stuck at localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.DataDetectorsDynamicData) <warning>: The JoinExistingSession key is only available to Application services.

Graphics problem. Make sure IGPU is disabled in BIOS and you're using GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Hi

How do I install the kext if I can't get Yosemite installed?
And I changed the GPU stuff, it doesn't freeze anymore, but the screen turns off after the Apple loading screen.

Got to the install screen. Installing as I type.

Ok so I got it installed, and Chimera too. But when I try booting with the installed bootloader it just reboots,so i used the USB to boot and it only works with "-x"

Anyone?

Keep trying over and over, do I need to flash a modded BIOS or does my box have power managment natively?

If it doesn't, I followed the link above and installed using;

"2. 2nd Generation Core i processors/Sandy Bridge (i.e., Core i7-2600K)
2a. use MultiBeast/Customization/SSDT Options/Sandy Bridge (4)
2b. SysDefs: imac12,x, macmini5,x, mabookpro8,x"

Which still makes the box reboot instantly when I try to boot.

got it to boot with the null power management kext

for my hardware, could native power management be achieved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back