Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been reading around, but I'm not sure what is the most current information.

My build is an i7 2600k with MSI H67MA-E35:

1. Will this work with the onboard graphics?

2. Can someone link me to the best/most current guide?

Other information:
I'd like to dual-boot win7, but if I can just get 10.6.7 running I'll be happy.
I have a 90gb ssd and a 1tb hdd. I'd like to run OSX (and win7?) off the sdd, but have everything else on the hdd. This is my very first computer build, so I'm def a n00b.

I love you?

Any luck?
i have the exact same setup: msi h67ma-e35 with 2600k. I think my next step is to go through this guide http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=569.

I have not yet made it to the os x install screen, get to the grey apple and it hangs forever.

I haven't even tried it yet. I figured there were too many pieces missing. I will most likely give it a shot this weekend even though since there seem to have been many updates yesterday (even though I think the hd3000 still isn't supported yet). I'll post my results here since I'm sure I'll have problems. Wish me luck!

May try following guide for MSI P67 recently posted. I've had similar luck with Gigabyte H61 mostly following the P67 guide.

The HD 3000 will work, but no hardware acceleration and low resolution. Really good just for setup only.

vinpez said:
I haven't even tried it yet. I figured there were too many pieces missing. I will most likely give it a shot this weekend even though since there seem to have been many updates yesterday (even though I think the hd3000 still isn't supported yet). I'll post my results here since I'm sure I'll have problems. Wish me luck!

ingalz, are you referring to the link iaian posted or:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=18226
?

I tried to install last night without success just using the regular method. I took out the extra memory, changed bios to AHCI, loaded then ejected the iboot cd, put in the osx cd and pressed f5. It runs, but then just reboots and says insert bootable media. I tried running verbose, but it goes too fast for me to read.

I'm going to try iaian's link tonight or tomorrow unless I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Yes, I followed that method. I did a second try and I got all working except for sound, just like on their board. The ALC-887 discovered is quite difficult chip to get sound working.

You may want to double check cpu ratio is clicked down to one increment below default in BIOS settings.

Also double check you're using iboot legacy, or the new iBoot for sandy bridge systems.

vinpez said:
ingalz, are you referring to the link iaian posted or:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=18226
?

I tried to install last night without success just using the regular method. I took out the extra memory, changed bios to AHCI, loaded then ejected the iboot cd, put in the osx cd and pressed f5. It runs, but then just reboots and says insert bootable media. I tried running verbose, but it goes too fast for me to read.

I'm going to try iaian's link tonight or tomorrow unless I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Using iboot legacy I was able to get the iboot + osx disk thing to work (with no sound). I got tired and went to sleep.

I haven't tried reducing my cpu ratio. If iboot legacy is working for me, is there a reason to want to get the new iboot working? Is it just to get the install going or is it preferred for some other reason?

Sound may be an issue with the legacy kernel? I can't get any combination working for sound on my H67ma-e35 board..

The best I could do was with voodoo sound. It had a bit of hissing noise, however.

bkoerper said:
Sound may be an issue with the legacy kernel? I can't get any combination working for sound on my H67ma-e35 board..

ah alright. I guess i'll be buying an external sound card with optical, as my intent with this machine is file serving as well as being an HTPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back