Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a custiomac with the following specs:
MoBo: Z68MA-D2H-B3
cpu: i5 2400
8 gigs ram
gfx: radeon 5770 that worked ok with SL, Lion and ML. issue on upgrade.
bios version f9

I recently got the graphics card mentioned in the title and when I put it in my customac, replacing the radeon card the machine wouldn't boot properly, I got no output from the card, and initially thought the card was bad, especially after trying it in my brothers z77 computer and getting the same result. I sent the card back to newegg and got a replacement one in the mail.

I then put the new card in my computer same model but another brand new card from newegg. The new card gave me the same issue, the display lights up like its trying to output something but I don't get any useable output. if I use the DVI port on the card i get no response until it sounds like the computer finishes booting and then the screen goes white, no bios no bootloader.

If I use the hdmi port on the card i get the same thing but when it finishes booting i get a black screen but the backlight on the display is illuminated and again the monitor is trying to display somthing but its not working.

I think now the issue is this version of the card probably having a faster clock speed and other advanced features not compatible with os x but i still find it weird that I get no output in the bios. any thoughts or ideas, or should I send the card back and get a different version ?

Try booting with graphicsenabler=no.
I don't think your theory is correct.

I would but I get no graphics output at any time, at least until it finishes booting and starts outputting garbage, so I can't even see the boot screen, or the bios nothing at all.

Try connecting to the integrated GPU.

I have tried that, and it doesn't give me any output either. the integrated gpu is HD 2000 so its not supported but usually it will boot with the igpu on and no card in and then go blank when it finishes booting rather than show me the login screen. with a discreet gpu in the MOBO I get no output from the integrated and if its the nvidia card then the machine won't output anything but garbage on boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back