Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI
CPU
i7-7700HQ CPU
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630
Hi,

I had attempted installing High Sierra on MSI GS73VR 7RF with 17 inches 4K screen.
This config from
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist
seems working, however I had to change ig-platform-id to 0x12345678.
With this invalid id the system boots without graphic acceleration.
Installing
LiluFriend, CoreDisplayFixup, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup, Lilu kexts
seems to allow booting with the valid (0x591b0000) ig-platform-id.
However, the notebook screen is not showing anything after laptop fully boots.
There are just some leftovers from the booting process are displayed on the screen.
Laptop itself is working fine even though nothing is displayed on the screen -
I can connect with VNC Viewer and see that the display is something like 1024x768 or so.

This laptop BIOS does not have the settings for DVMT pre-allocated.
Even if it does, by opening the BIOS with AMIBCP_v5.0.1,
I see that it is already set to the max value (64MB) for this platform
The value is "DVMT Pre-Allocated" in
Root->Setup->Advanced->System Agent (SA) Configuration->Graphics Configuration

What helped is changing the "Replace" data in the KextsToPatch section
<string>0x591b0000, 32MB BIOS, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)</string>
from 19MB for framebuffer to 64 million bytes (64MB causes Kernel panic).
The right-side value (cursor bytes) I have changed to 0:
Therefore, the Data is
<0090d003 00000000>
Or, when viewing the config.plist in the text editor
<data>AJDQAwAAAAA=</data>

I hope, this will help somebody setting up the Hackintosh.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.1 KB · Views: 327
Hi,

I had attempted installing High Sierra on MSI GS73VR 7RF with 17 inches 4K screen.
This config from
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist
Installing
LiluFriend, CoreDisplayFixup, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup, Lilu kexts
There are just some leftovers from the booting process are displayed on the screen.
I can connect with VNC Viewer and see that the display is something like 1024x768 or so.

<string>0x591b0000, 32MB BIOS, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)</string>
Therefore, the Data is
<0090d003 00000000>

If DVMT-prealloc is already 64mb, you should be able to run without any DVMT related patches.

Hi,

This config from
Installing

Therefore, the Data is
<0090d003 00000000>

Is it stable on your 73vr? I'm running 1080 120hz with the 1070 max q, was wondering if we can use the same setting. I heard the wifi card is not supported, so I might have to swap it with a functional one.

It is more or less stable. Sleep is working. However, when awaking from sleep I found that I have to press any button at least once, otherwise the screen will remain blank.
Audio is working.
Storage card and camera are not working - I do not really care about them since I always can switch to Windows if needed.

With the last security update, the screen again was blank on startup until I disabled the patch
`0x591b0000, eliminate all external ports (0204 and 0306)`
Also, I have found that IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup is not needed either.

Since your screen is not 4K, You probably do not need any additional patching for DVMT

As for wifi, I have replaced this Killer card with 'OEM Genuine Dell HHKJD XPS 15 9550 WLAN DW1830 BCM943602BAED Wireless Wi-Fi Card' (ebay title). Works out of the box (I have used BDU with recovery image to install High Sierra).
The card is a little bit wider, so I had to remove the metal stand next to the wifi card (very easy to remove, it might be even possible to put it back if needed).

I have the same laptop just the 1080p 120Hz version and for the life of me I cannot find a decent tut for installing a hackintosh on it. I read through some forums telling me I need to patch different things like the NVME drive and such but its really making my head spin. So far I have High Sierra 10.13.4 downloaded and installed onto a USB through unibeast and my laptop drives are just waiting to be deleted so i can dual boot. I know I need to install OSX first and then Windows on a separate drive/ or maybe I can multi partition the NVME drive? My point is can you please help me out with what I need to do for this particular laptop. I do have a few guides for general hackintosh installing bookmarked but it sounds like this laptop needs some special work.

This laptop has 2 disks. One - I use for MacOS, another one - for Windows.
I use Clover as a boot manager, and from Clover I can choose which disk to boot, so there is no need to go into the BIOS and select the startup drive (the drive with the Clover stays always selected as the the startup drive).
If you have the MacOS working from the USB stick, maybe, it will be just enough for you to copy this USB drive to HDD drive (using some imaging soft or 'dd')?

This laptop has 2 disks. One - I use for MacOS, another one - for Windows.
I use Clover as a boot manager, and from Clover I can choose which disk to boot, so there is no need to go into the BIOS and select the startup drive (the drive with the Clover stays always selected as the the startup drive).
If you have the MacOS working from the USB stick, maybe, it will be just enough for you to copy this USB drive to HDD drive (using some imaging soft or 'dd')?
Sorry for the miscommunication I have the MacOS installation files copied to the USB ready for me to install. my 2 harddrives are just waiting for clear instructions and on what kexts and such i need for this laptop. so that i can do what you did and dual boot it. Also do you have MacOS in the nvme drive or the standard hard drive?

I have the same laptop just the 1080p 120Hz version and for the life of me I cannot find a decent tut for installing a hackintosh on it. I read through some forums telling me I need to patch different things like the NVME drive and such but its really making my head spin. So far I have High Sierra 10.13.4 downloaded and installed onto a USB through unibeast and my laptop drives are just waiting to be deleted so i can dual boot. I know I need to install OSX first and then Windows on a separate drive/ or maybe I can multi partition the NVME drive? My point is can you please help me out with what I need to do for this particular laptop. I do have a few guides for general hackintosh installing bookmarked but it sounds like this laptop needs some special work.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

do you have everything installed correctly? tb3 works? i have wifi replacement, so it shoud be ok, ill try it installing about xmas holidays, but if you can post your clover folder, will be so much easier, thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back