Contribute
Register

MSI GS66 Stealth, can't reach installer. Errors @GV AAPL, CoProcessorReboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try using Denver8989's config file again, edit the config with a text editor, not opencore configurator because it messes up the config in my experience.

Remove itwlmx in the kext dir, Add the latest itwlm kext; since itwlmx was combined into itwlm. My kenel add section looks like this:

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>itlwm.kext</string>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string>Contents/MacOS/itlwm</string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>

Thanks, I give this a shot but still the same issue. When I go to terminal and do an ifconfig, I can actually see my card under en0. However its status is "inactive" and I cannot seem to join to any network.

I remember reading a while back that it's possible to manually define the SSID/password in the config so maybe I'll try that next. But not sure if that will solve my "inactive" status.

Solved the wireless issue. I had to go into Info.plist inside the kext and add my SSID and password manually. That allowed me to finish the installer. For anyone else struggling with the same just modify these:

<key>WiFi_1</key>
<dict>
<key>password</key>
<string>YOURPASSWORD</string>
<key>ssid</key>
<string>YOURSSID</string>
</dict>
<key>WiFi_2</key>
<dict>
<key>password</key>
<key>ssid</key>
</dict>
<key>WiFi_3</key>
<dict>
<key>password</key>
<key>ssid</key>
</dict>
<key>WiFi_4</key>
<dict>
<key>password</key>
<key>ssid</key>

I had to do this for all 4 keys otherwise it would not work with just the first key.

Few other things I need to work on though and was wondering if anyone has solved these:

1. Refresh Rate. The MSI GS66 supports a refresh rate of 240Hz however I don't see the option when I press the Windows key under scaled displays. I've tried to tinker with this using SwitchResX and no luck there either. It is strange, because on my other MSI which supports 144Hz, I was able to get the 144.

2. External Display. Is this even possible with Intel Graphics?

3. Wireless drivers which would allow me to join SSID other than the current hardcoded one. I can't imagine that the only option I have is to hardcore SSID settings each time I need to join a new one.

Thanks everyone!

Just curious, are you.using the HeliPort App for the wifi?

Ahh, that was my issue. Thank you. Just got it and now I'm able to join other networks.

Now if I can just figure out the refresh rate issue and the external display I'll be good.

Wondering if it has to do with what my system type is. It's currently set to this:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

On my other MSI were the refresh rate is working correctly it was detected as a MacBook pro

@Qweritos I was able to get my 240Hz refresh rate using your Intel UHD config. Any ideas on how to get external display going with a displayport-USB-c cable? Thank you

Last edited:
Display via USBC port isn't working... By the way, post your EFI if you have cleaned up an mapped the usb ports :)

Hi, I've been trying to help a friend get the device fully working (i7 10875H) by recreating the EFI from the ground up, the right way. Unfortunately We've been having problem with USBs. My only clue is that you are using iMac19,1 as SMBIOS, and USB map is not SMBIOS-agnostic. I switched it to MacBookPro16,4, which I think is much more appropriate, but I really can't get any USB to work, neither with USBInjectAll and XhciPortLimit quirk, nor by "blindly" mapping them with an SSDT. Could any of you help? I hope we can get a fully working, optimized system if we work together

I agree we should work together to make this working on the GS66. It has so much potential. I had issue with the audio with using final cut with the headphone...

I am a newbie when it comes to Hackintosh, I read about using the dev version of OpenCore might help map the ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back