Contribute
Register

MSI GE72MVR 7RG / external Monitor not recognized / Intel HD630 / Geforce GTX 1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MS-179C
CPU
Intel I7 7700hq
Graphics
Intel HD630 // GTX 1070
Dear tonymacx86.com community !

I have a problem with my hackinotsh.
I want to say in advance that I am an absolute beginner in the field of Hackintosh. What I have already done: Through instructions on the Internet, I have successfully installed MAC OS Mojave on my MSI laptop and also got it running. But my external monitor is not recognized by the system. Neither in HDMI nor in the display port. After researching the internet, I found out that the GTX 1070 cannot be run. You have to rely on the integrated graphics.
In the appendix I will insert my EFI folder and my Config Plist.

I am grateful for everyone who will take the time to help me!

Best regards
Lucas

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.4 KB · Views: 60

I want to say in advance that I am an absolute beginner in the field of Hackintosh. What I have already done: Through instructions on the Internet, I have successfully installed MAC OS Mojave on my MSI laptop and also got it running. But my external monitor is not recognized by the system. Neither in HDMI nor in the display port. After researching the internet, I found out that the GTX 1070 cannot be run. You have to rely on the integrated graphics.

Best regards
Lucas
already replied to your other thread (no worries, i have deleted that one now)

MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookPro14,1 would be a better choice of smbios

Hi, thanks for your quick answer. I will try and I will tell you whether the problem has been resolved and whether the external monitor is recognized.

Best Regards
Lucas

Hello, I tried both of your options but with both my external monitor is still not recognized :(
Are there any other ways to get it going?

Hello, I tried both of your options but with both my external monitor is still not recognized :(
Are there any other ways to get it going?
you need to check in windows to see if the hdmi port is connected to the nvidia

if it is, then you could try high sierra with nvidia web drivers to see if that works

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I did some research and found that my laptop uses Optimus technology and therefore it is not possible to get the Nvidia graphics to work. As far as I understand correctly.
Does anyone have any other ways to fix this problem?

Best regards

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I did some research and found that my laptop uses Optimus technology and therefore it is not possible to get the Nvidia graphics to work. As far as I understand correctly.
Does anyone have any other ways to fix this problem?

Best regards
if the nvidia is routed through your HDMI, then you could try High Sierra with nvidia web drivers

Best regards
Lucas

I had same problem when I upgraded to mojave, but it works in Catalina. You can review my history

HI,
thank you for your proposed solutions. I will both try out the proposed solutions tonight. I will let you know if it worked.

Have a nice Weekend

Hey guys sorry to bother yall, but i was wondering if lucas could share me maybe his efi folder so i could learn from his install since im not sure whats wrong with mine. My laptop is a MSI GT72VR 7RE with comparable specs (obvs not mb) and i do have an nvme and 2 sata ssd's installed. I also have a question since yall seem to know waaaay more than i do bout this stuff. - If my drives are on the pc at the time i run the clover bootloader, would that be whats interfering with it running and giving me an io error message saying something is pulling or trying to pull more power than it should?

if yall have time, mind looking thru my clover build to see if i have anything wrong?

Attachments

• config-rehab.plist
    14 KB · Views: 34
  • EFI.zip
    12 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0195.JPEG
    IMG_0195.JPEG
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back