Contribute
Register

MSI GE60-2QE CANNOT BOOT CLOVER FROM HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download EasyUEFI and once it's done installing, open it and you will be prompted with 4 options. Click on Move EFI partiton. After you've done that you will see an icon with a plus on it. Click on it and you should see a window that says type of os. You click on linux or other OS. After that you write "Clover" in description. Then you select the target where the efi is located and then you click on browser and find the file "CLOVERX64.efi", which is in EFI/CLOVER/. Then you click ok and then you go back to bios and make sure clover is selected in your boot prooperties. Also make sure that your bios has these settings:
  • Advanced
    • Sata mode = AHCI (if it's on raid create a new issue on Github and don't continue with this guide)
    • VT-d = Disabled
  • Boot
    • Fastboot = disabled
    • Boot mode = UEFI with CSM
  • Security
    • Secure boot = disabled

Download EasyUEFI and once it's done installing, open it and you will be prompted with 4 options. Click on Move EFI partiton. After you've done that you will see an icon with a plus on it. Click on it and you should see a window that says type of os. You click on linux or other OS. After that you write "Clover" in description. Then you select the target where the efi is located and then you click on browser and find the file "CLOVERX64.efi", which is in EFI/CLOVER/. Then you click ok and then you go back to bios and make sure clover is selected in your boot prooperties. Also make sure that your bios has these settings:
Can you share download link for EasyUEFI? I cannot find macOS version and I don't have Windows installed. I hv only OSX Installed on my HDD.

There is no Mac version. You will need a Windows install to use it. There is also the option to make a WinPE drive and boot from that to modify your hackintosh UEFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back