HD Graphics 4600, GT 750m, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
i have just tried to install mountain lion and Mavericks on my GE60 2OC and my desktop. I have access to installation on my desktop, no problems. Whereas on my laptop, installation always stop on apple logo or black screen and reboot(Mountain lion and Mavericks).

This thread is about a msi GE 60 2OND.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/92612-msi-ge60-0nd-ml-almost-well-done.html

I had tried to specify some boot: IGPEnabler=no GraphicsEnabler=no PCIRootUID=0
But it didn't work.

Do you think there is a hope (just a solution) to install hackintosh on my laptop?
(bios or mayber boot options)

Thanks in advance.

laptop configuration:
i5-4200M (2,5 GHz), 15,6", 4096 Mo, NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT 750M, 750 Go

Hi,
i have just tried to install mountain lion and Mavericks on my GE60 2OC and my desktop. I have access to installation on my desktop, no problems. Whereas on my laptop, installation always stop on apple logo or black screen and reboot(Mountain lion and Mavericks).

This thread is about a msi GE 60 2OND.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/92612-msi-ge60-0nd-ml-almost-well-done.html

I had tried to specify some boot: IGPEnabler=no GraphicsEnabler=no PCIRootUID=0
But it didn't work.

Do you think there is a hope (just a solution) to install hackintosh on my laptop?
(bios or mayber boot options)

Thanks in advance.

laptop configuration:
i5-4200M (2,5 GHz), 15,6", 4096 Mo, NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT 750M, 750 Go

You need to remove the nvidia kexts (Geforce*, NV*).

You need to remove the nvidia kexts (Geforce*, NV*).
i thought i had to remove nvidia kext while installation.

Do you have good tutorials for beginners to install mac os x on a laptop (with all configuration, dsdt, removing kext)?

Thanks.

i thought i had to remove nvidia kext while installation.

The nvidia kexts must be removed always when you have both Intel integrated and nvidia.

Do you have good tutorials for beginners to install mac os x on a laptop (with all configuration, dsdt, removing kext)?

No. Each laptop is unique.

Currently, i just have a usb bootable with mac os 10.8. I'm sorry, i m a novice, but i don't understancd how can i remove some nvidia kexts if i can't even install mac os on my laptop (black screen).

Currently, i just have a usb bootable with mac os 10.8. I'm sorry, i m a novice, but i don't understancd how can i remove some nvidia kexts if i can't even install mac os on my laptop (black screen).

If you have both nvidia and HD4000, you must remove the nvidia kexts *from the USB* before installation in order to reach the installer.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Ok, i understand. I will try to follow GE60 2OND guide, posted in first message. It's partially the same hardware. GT750m is an update of GTX660m (without physics -X), I5 4210m is an update of 3210m (ivy bridge->haswell).

Even if this is not the same generation (motherboard is different), i will try to install hackintosh by deleting nvidia Kexts, modifiying DSDT. I will try those tweaks saturday.

Thanks for helps. I will post new message Saturday afternoon :)

I work all the day. I have installed mac os x 10.8 on my desktop first. I can't erase kexts for my laptop on my usb installation. Why? Because i can't access to, even on mac or on Windows. I have decided to use multibeast method, to create a personnalise installation.

I have got few problems on my desktop like ps2 Keyboard not recognize (problem resolved), no internet (no wireless, and no ethernet), graphics cards...

Ok, i understand. I will try to follow GE60 2OND guide, posted in first message. It's partially the same hardware. GT750m is an update of GTX660m (without physics -X), I5 4210m is an update of 3210m (ivy bridge->haswell).

Even if this is not the same generation (motherboard is different), i will try to install hackintosh by deleting nvidia Kexts, modifiying DSDT. I will try those tweaks saturday.

Thanks for helps. I will post new message Saturday afternoon :)

There is quite a few differences between Ivy/Haswell...

- - - Updated - - -

I work all the day. I have installed mac os x 10.8 on my desktop first. I can't erase kexts for my laptop on my usb installation. Why? Because i can't access to, even on mac or on Windows. I have decided to use multibeast method, to create a personnalise installation.

I have got few problems on my desktop like ps2 Keyboard not recognize (problem resolved), no internet (no wireless, and no ethernet), graphics cards...

This is not the forum for desktop questions.

Note: You have to have access to a working Mac/hack to download Mavericks and create the Unibeast USB. At the same time is when you remove the nvidia kexts.

I have no working mac around me. But hackintosh works great on my desktop (even if i have some problems). That is why, i have to install first mavericks (maverciks works better than ML for me), then download mavericks dmg, and create a unibeast usb bootable without nvidia kext for my laptop.

This is the reason why i had moved subject on desktop. But if i have other problems on my desktop i will create a new thread (i don't think i need to, there is enough thread).

Thanks again for you reply. You have helped me to understand kext, unibeast installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back