Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys - I have tried the DSDT exTonyMac's database for the GD65 but had some probs with sound and restart.

However on Insanely mac a knowledgeable guy by the name of pm_mickey came up with something that worked for me, particularly with removing the firewire section and his inbuilt 8800 graphics card. With my sons help we have an almost perfect DSDT where almost everything works, with only two kexts fakesmc and LegacyHDA.
NB We are using a PCI Prolink gigabit lan card instead of the built in Lan and a genuine Apple Mini PCI card for Airport, as it is faster, fully supports iStat (Lan) and does not require realtek1000Sl.kext.

The only issue is wake up as although rig will force and autosleep, the "wakeup" is always a reboot, and everything we try this does not change. We have tried all options, even changing the Samsung DVD drive to LG which did help the autosleep but it is wake up that is the prob.

Attached are the Extra Files and I am using AsereBLN's boot version 1.4. Bios of MB is 1.6 but original 1.4 and 1.5 make no difference to the wake up....

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated particularly anybody with a GD65/80 board could try and advise.

TonyMacx86, please feel free to add to your database although credit needs to go to pm_mickey.

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    344.3 KB · Views: 199
Thank you a lot! Because my Finder crashed, and I couldn't fix it, so I tried reinstall using your files. And not only I got the built-in audio working, also the sleep/wake is working too!

You just need to change the BIOS setting: in "Power Management", change the suspend type from S1 to S3. That's it.

Bluetooth devices can't wake up the machine, so no luck for my Apple Wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse. But the power switch always works.

roger said:
Thank you a lot! Because my Finder crashed, and I couldn't fix it, so I tried reinstall using your files. And not only I got the built-in audio working, also the sleep/wake is working too!

You just need to change the BIOS setting: in "Power Management", change the suspend type from S1 to S3. That's it.

Bluetooth devices can't wake up the machine, so no luck for my Apple Wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse. But the power switch always works.

Hey that is great news - My sleep will work but the wake up is always a reboot, and yes I am using S3, and Syspref is all checked.. A mystery. I will try it without the bluetooth dongle connected... Do you have the Sleep set to BIOS or OS?

Cheers/TonyD

tonyd said:
roger said:

Hey that is great news - My sleep will work but the wake up is always a reboot, and yes I am using S3, and Syspref is all checked.. A mystery. I will try it without the bluetooth dongle connected... Do you have the Sleep set to BIOS or OS?

Cheers/TonyD

Hi Good News!

I updated my P55-DG80 bios to 1.7 today and my sleep/wakeup now work fine.

BRgds/Tonyd

What audio kext for MSI P55? I have GD65.

889a...??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back