1. 0
First of all, sorry for my bad english.

My curent configuration is:
- Motherboard: MSI CD53 with P55 chipset
- CPU: Intel i7 860 @2.8Ghz
- HDD: Western Digitall 640AAKS
- RAM: 4GB A-DATA 4GB DDR3 1333MHz CL7 Extreme Edition
- VGA: PowerColor HD4850

On my previous configuration (E6750, P35-DS3R, 4GBDDR2 + the same HDD and VGA) Mac OS 10.5.8 run smooth with no problems. On this new configuration I can't install OSX at all. I tried 10.5.8, 10.6.2, 10.6.3 and the tonymacx86's tutorial for the P55 motherboards and all trials ended with the same result: restart immediately after boot from DVD, no verbose (-v) or safe mode (-r) prevent the restart or kernel panic. Sata is in AHCI mode. I disabled 2 cores and HT.

Have any idea where is the problem? :banghead:

So this rather amiable user (hoob) responded to my request for further info about getting this set up on my cd53 and i7 860. here's the message:

"
bios version 1.7 load bios defaut (download from msi site)
install on USB key) boot with usb key engaged
Bios menu backup bios to USB key
after
bios menu install 1.7 bios firmware
acpi S3 choice
ahci in 2 case

iboot supported (2.0) as boot cd (due to my non-apple G6950 CPU)
at boot time F11 (boot menu) start on sata DVD with iboot CD
when you see iboot CD
out iboot CD, in apple DVD 10.6.3
F5
apple DVD appear and pre-select
enter
when installation process appear
menu utility disk utility => partition in GPT option mode
exit disk utility
follow installation process

It works

download multibeast 2.0

without dsdt
enable realtek R1000L ethernet
enable chameleon
enable non-dsdt fakesmc
enable non-dsdt evoreboot
enable jmicron all 3 choice
enable woodoo 0.2.1

have fun

"
I had luck with this config with one of my hard drives, but when trying to replicate it to a bigger one (80Gb to 1.5 Tb), i can't get chameleon to install right. It works, but I have to boot it using chameleon on the iBoot cd. Trying manual install failed, but i'll keep at it. Let me know if any of these settings + startup options work!

Also, mine worked fine with all the cores enabled, as well as with virtualization and ht both turned on.

Thanks theperfectplan :thumbup:

With some BIOS tweaks I managed to get the instalation started but now I have another problem.. or problems: the sistem did not finish the instalation, three minutes before the installation to complete the sistem was restarted suddenly = > no installation finish.

- I used the tonymacx86's iBoot tutorial to get started but on the "Customize" tab, after partitions and stuff, I checked some enables for video, audio ().

It is possible to use other kexts and enablers with iBoot ? Or it most be used MultiBeast?

have you try Iboot-ati or iboot-supported 2.0 iboot method from may 2010

for your I7 860 iboot-supported seem to be good choice, but your 4850 ati needs special attention.

But tonymac wiki is your friend

iBoot Compatible + MSI-CD53 = ok on installation proces, with "Succesfull Install" end message but... on first boot freeze after "Apple boot Logo" = fail with small RGB artifacts on screen. No kernel panic. :banghead:

My VGA is the problem here? I use no pathes, injectors or enablers for video, only the main installation files. I need to use ATI injectors or enablers for VGA on installation process? Any idea is welcome. :beachball:

Hmm...can't comment on the vid card issue, but you might get some luck typing "-x" in the bootloader screen before selecting your snow leopard installation. this will boot sl in safe mode and it's solved weird problems i've had with getting it booted (when i have trouble booting, i boot in safe mode and i just restart after logging in and boot up without safe mode and it works fine).

Could anybody (hoob?) comment on how to get my comp to wake from sleep or shutdown properly? When I shutdown, the mobo fan still runs but nothing shows up on the screen, and i've had luck with just force-powering it off. and it won't wake from sleep via the usb keyboard or usb mouse.

gracias amigos.

iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on
STEP 4: MULTIBEAST

UserDSDT is a bare-minimum solution for those who have their own pre-edited DSDT. Place your DSDT.aml on the desktop before install. Audio, Graphics and Network will have to be enabled separately. HINT: Check the DSDT Database for a pre-edited DSDT.
there is a V1.6 bios dsdt for P55-CD53 (in tonymac database) who works on my V1.7bios (but it depend from version)

rename as tony wants so DSDT.aml
put it on your desktop
run Multibeast (who search for ONLY "DSDT.aml" on your desktop)
enjoy :thumbup:

attention switching in dsdt mode, required your attention and required to put-off some kext to work !

EvoReboot is also a simple way ?

cinematix said:
Thanks theperfectplan :thumbup:

With some BIOS tweaks I managed to get the instalation started but now I have another problem.. or problems: the sistem did not finish the instalation, three minutes before the installation to complete the sistem was restarted suddenly = > no installation finish.

- I used the tonymacx86's iBoot tutorial to get started but on the "Customize" tab, after partitions and stuff, I checked some enables for video, audio ().

It is possible to use other kexts and enablers with iBoot ? Or it most be used MultiBeast?
We do not support or discuss distributions on this forum. We only support installations using purchased retail version of Snow Leopard per http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php#f0r3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back