Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi ac)
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
nVidia GTX 980 Ti
Hello Hackintosh Users, and Soon to Be Users.

Here at this blog/community, our goal is to have a fully functional mac without problem, without worry, and being COMPLETELY VANILLA. Now we all know the steps that must be taken to achieve such a high standard of a vanilla OSX system are next to impossible. Here with Tony’s help it has helped me and many others run the Apple Inc. Macintosh Operating System. Enough with my non-sense and let’s get to business. We All know that the PRIMARY Chipset is the P55, it’s the easiest, because of its compatibility, with OSX, I mean almost all the Macs are running either that, or a server chipset. With the exceptions of some of the dual cores. Today’s economy makes the P55 Chipset very rich in performance as well as price. The System I have my Hackintosh running on is a P55 system. I’ve taken the time to write this up for one reason. I build computers for a living, and with some customers wanting a vanilla system, I want to help you all. Configure a System Of GREAT Potential, and Power.

First Off Ill Boast My Machine, Not to impress, but to inform:
CPU (Processor): Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.8 GHz (Slightly OC’ed for Mac) & 3.80 GHz (Windows 7 & Ubuntu)
RAM (Random Access Memory)*: G.Skill** RipJaws 4 GB @ 2 GHz (2000 MHz) 9-9-9-24
MOBO (Motherboard): Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P Rev. 1.0 F9
GFX (Video Card): EVGA** GTX 275 896 MB
HDD (Harddrive): 3x 1 TB Western Digital Black @ 7200 RPM (Dual Processor) NOT RAID
CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 (MODDED)***

Now Before Anyone Comments on anything, The DVD drive was left out because of how old it is, and my HDD are NOT running in RAID. 1.5 TB is dedicated to Windows (also my data drive) 500 GB to OSX (Boot and Application) 1 TB to Ubuntu (Boot and Application)
*RAM is not to be confused with DATA and Memory, It is NOT THE HARDDRIVE
** G.Skill was chosen because of its reliability and price. EVGA because of their warranty support.
*** My Case is modded with some adjustments to mounting holes, some additional cooling and Water-cooled Rads.

Continued…

My next system is my other test bench. Used very lightly mostly for a HTPC. P45 Chipset.
CPU: Intel Pentium D (Dual Core) @ 2.8 GHz
RAM: Kingston 2 GB @ 667 MHz
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-P45-UD3L
GFX: EVGA nVidia 9800GT 512 MB
HDD: 300 GB Seagate @ 7200
CASE: Antec 300
This System was a previous HP system, with everything but the CPU and HDD upgraded. This got Hackintosh on with Some Trouble but it was do-able.

My Last System Was a Customers System: X58 Chipset

CPU: Intel Core 920 @ 2.80 GHz
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 6 GB @ 1600 MHz
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5
GFX: 2x (One Used For MAC) EVGA GTX 285 1 GB
HDD: 4x 1 TB Western Digital Blue @ 7200 RAID for Two (Parallel)
CASE: Cooler Master HAF 922 (Little Cable Management MODS)
All of these have been Tested and Running OSX 10.6.4 With No Problems. The Hardest System was the X58, followed by the P45, methods used were the iBoot + MultiBeast. If you need any Hardware recommendations PM Me, Or Post a reply. I configure macs and pcs, free of charge.. only hardware costs. Hope you Guys Found this ….IDEK Somewhat useful.

MrWarhawk

Hey,

Any tips or anything you run into when installing osx with the ud4p. im using

P55A UD4P
I7 860
Gskill eco 4gb
F3 1tb hard drive
9800gtx+

Any comments. I ask this alot but i love opinions. Thanks.

deadlyrampage said:
Hey,

Any tips or anything you run into when installing osx with the ud4p. im using

P55A UD4P
I7 860
Gskill eco 4gb
F3 1tb hard drive
9800gtx+

Any comments. I ask this alot but i love opinions. Thanks.
You should have no issues with this rig !
Great selection :thumbup:

Deadly Rampage, Like Lnx2Mac Suggested you shouldnt run into any problems. The ECO SERIES Usually has a HIGHER Voltage, so I PERSONALLY wouldnt recoumend anything over 1.5v, and if Im not wrong the ECO series run at 1.65, less stable. But Other Than That You Should Be Fine. I hope you enjoy the build Hackintosh :).

MrWarhawk said:
Deadly Rampage, Like Lnx2Mac Suggested you shouldnt run into any problems. The ECO SERIES Usually has a HIGHER Voltage, so I PERSONALLY wouldnt recoumend anything over 1.5v, and if Im not wrong the ECO series run at 1.65, less stable. But Other Than That You Should Be Fine. I hope you enjoy the build Hackintosh :).
Check your facts, the ECO series run at 1.35V not 1.65V.

Damn Your Right, I cant remember what I got mixed up with. Your So Right MacMan, Sorry, I cant remember what i got mixed up with. Its .. Yea Its The OCZ Fatal1ty(some of them) , and there Extreme Edition. My Bad. I Apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back