Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Guys

I am currently running a very, very smooth install on the following:

OSX 10.7.2
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 Ghz
ASUS P5K-VM
GeForce 9600 GT 512 M (Using DVI Out)
300 GB SATA HD (MBR Format with W7 Partition and OSX 10.7.2 Partition booting with Chameleon)
TP-Link USB Wifi using Ralink Utility
External Audio Interface TASCAM US-1800

External Drive: 1TB USB 2/3 Iomega 7200RPM Desktop HD

I did this install as a test on my MBR Formatted W7 HD. I would like to kill my Windows partition and have only OSX.

Question:

What steps can I take, if possible, to backup my working OSX Partition/boot loader to my external and then restore it to my primary HD so that I have OSX on the entire internal HD ? I WANT TO FORMAT MY MAIN DRIVE AS GUID.

Is this easily done, or is it a lot easier to simply re-install. I have a LOT of audio software, and the authorization process with IK Multimedia, ilok etc etc is very annoying, so I would prefer to maintain this setup, just expand it across the entire drive.

Thanks!

Use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone to your external and wipe the internal drive, clone back over to your internal, boot off (internal) using rBoot or Unibeast stick and install Chimera bootloader. You should be able to boot off the HDD then.

jester969 said:
Use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone to your external and wipe the internal drive, clone back over to your internal, boot off (internal) using rBoot or Unibeast stick and install Chimera bootloader. You should be able to boot off the HDD then.

Thanks, how do you clone back over ? Through disc utility when using the Lion Installer ?

Boot off the HDD clone, install the Chameleon bootloader, use CCC to clone back on to the HDD you want.

Jester is on it. thats exactly how i have done it about 3 or 4 times. :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back