Contribute
Register

Moving to Mojave on new SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
but on Mojave I just get 1024 as the only available resolution. I'm pretty sure it's Kepler and I'm scared of breaking this almost done build. Would forvergreen help?
Kepler support ends with Big Sur, that's why you only get 1024p. Whatevergreen won't fix that.

Kepler support ends with Big Sur, that's why you only get 1024p. Whatevergreen won't fix that.
But Mojave is before Big Sur... I wanted Mojave as the most modern MacOS that still supported 32 bit Logic Pro plugins... Would I get decent graphics if I installed High Sierra? If not would a Radeon RX 560 get me out of this fix or even a cheapo Geforce GT 710 1Gb or 2GB/DDR5?
Thanks!

But Mojave is before Big Sur...
Was reading Mojave but thinking Monterey. They both start with Mo.
Would I get decent graphics if I installed High Sierra? If not would a Radeon RX 560 get me out of this fix
I think going with a supported AMD card is a great idea. Then you can even upgrade further without much problem.

Was reading Mojave but thinking Monterey. They both start with Mo.

I think going with a supported AMD card is a great idea. Then you can even upgrade further without much problem.
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Yes I agree, I think I'll go for High Sierra until I get a 560.
Many thanks and happy new year!

NikeWarp,
You can see the working Hackintoshes I have in my list below. The GA-H87N-WIFI ("Mini-ITX 1") runs High Sierra and uses a Gigabyte Pascal entry-level graphics card, a GT1030, with the appropriate nVidia driver, and works very nicely in High Sierra. However I am running an OpenCore EFI boot loader (version 0.8.9) rather than Clover. If you are interested, I will upload my EFI folder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back