i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have a working LION (upgraded from Leo) installation on a disk which holds chameleon bootloader. (HP dx2420 desktop computer).

Now I want to move it to a new HP xt241ea, but it won't boot from this disk. BIOS SATA is set to AHCI, there are no other options to be set there (that I can see). Moving disk back to dx2420 works OK.

Any hints?

Thanks!

Can you get to the Chimera screen successfully?

If so have you tried adding boot flags?

-x -v PCIRootUID=1

GraphicsEnabler=NO or YES
(I would suspect NO would work as it has HD3000 graphics)

ncpi=0x2000

in some combination might help.

If it still fails, post a screenshot and give us more details about exactly what happens when it fails.

Nope,
cannot get it to boot into chameleon at all :(

aarsla said:
Nope,
cannot get it to boot into chameleon at all :(

just boot with unibeast usb and choose your OS in your new HD, then dowload chameleon updater from download section of this forum and install it in your new disk partition, where your cloned OS is.

Nope,
cannot get it to boot into chameleon at all

What port are you using? Should be a 3GB/s SATA.

You stated AHCI set in BIOS, but no other options.....are you saying no HPET, 64, S3, boot order? Well, they may be default if it is a new machine as you state.

If you can't get to Chimera, you might try burning an rBoot disk and starting up from that, selecting your HDD, running MultiBeast again.

Yeah,
I tried rBoot but it says "Missing operating system"...
Do I need to copy something from existing Lion OS (from my laptop) to rBoot USB stick once it is burned from rBoot.iso?

I will try UniBeast as soon as I get my hands on 8Gb stick :(

For now I would just like to boot into chameleon to be able to choose existing installation and then go MultiBeast.

Thanks!

Carbon Copy Clone your existing install onto your new drive, or like I do to an external. Then boot from the new cloned hard drive. Multibeast and your done. Easy as that. I have three cloned hard drives.

I have just made bootable chameleon 2.0-RC4 USB stick and got to the point where I can choose what to boot from the list of all drives.

My previous Lion is one of them, but when booting it I am greeted with "Cannot find mach_kernel".

What can I do about this?

Thanks!

Booting from Chimera gives "Ev0reBoot" and "ACPI" errors...
I think I will just try UniBeast later on, if that fails it is going to be new clean install...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back