Contribute
Register

moved motherboards. Running 10.8.5 on haswell gigabyte ga-z87x-ud3h . Need a little advise please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r rev 1
CPU
i7-930
Graphics
GTX-750
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I moved my working OSX system from an old X58 (ga-x58a-ud3r) motherboard to a new haswell ga-z87x-ud3h LGA1150 based motherboard after upgrading OSX to 10.8.5. I am currently not using a DDST file for the new ga-z87x-ud3h motherboard (although I have created one). Should I be using one?

Since I have moved my system from one motherboard to another what is the best way to clean up any kexts that are no longer needed or not used for my new motherboard? I imaging this is a line by line trial process?

My post boot issues are I cannot open any SMB shares . I have installed the latest intel driver for my motherboard and ethernet connectivity works fine (web browsing works). Slightly confused by this why local network smb shares would not work. Anyone see this?

Sound is still not working. I tried using multibeast to install the ALC898 driver but it keeps failing. I may need to reset my home folder permissions (I have seen this in the past where all install fail at the end but I forget the fix. )

I realize I should just do a fresh install but I have a ton of data that I would be a pain to re-install. Thanks for any info. Doug

If you have another drive you could do clean install and when the bugs are worked out use Migration Assistant to bring the apps and data over.

kduvernay, thanks for the info. Do you recommend any deployment tool that will handle the new 10.8.5? I imagine eventually any unibeast or other "boot then install" tool will be able to slipstream the new 10.8.5 install to deploy it. Me doing this on release day was not the smartest thing but that new haswell motherboard sitting in the corner was killing me ;> Thanks. Doug

kduvernay, thanks for the info. Do you recommend any deployment tool that will handle the new 10.8.5? I imagine eventually any unibeast or other "boot then install" tool will be able to slipstream the new 10.8.5 install to deploy it. Me doing this on release day was not the smartest thing but that new haswell motherboard sitting in the corner was killing me ;> Thanks. Doug
Just download 10.8.5 for your app store purchases, (not combo update) and build a new Unibeast install drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back