ATI 5870
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. I have a motherboard that's acting up and I want to move the drives, cpu, vidoecard and everything else to a different new motherboard. Is there an easy way to do that without having to reinstall? Do I just have to run MultiBeast again? Any help would be appreciated.

That's pretty much all there is to it. If you're using a dsdt then you will want to get the correct one. Also check the audio codec and anything else that might be different so you can check off the appropriate items in Multibeast.

But when I boot up won't the new motherboard require the appropriate DSDT to start. Or can that be added after the fact?

ok just to get this right. I'd hook up the old components to the new motherboard, boot with iBoot in the optical drive then run MultiBeast and choose the old system drive? Install the DSDT and I should be good to go? Will it overwrite the old DSDT?

machman said:
ok just to get this right. I'd hook up the old components to the new motherboard, boot with iBoot in the optical drive then run MultiBeast and choose the old system drive? Install the DSDT and I should be good to go? Will it overwrite the old DSDT?

Yeah that's it. You're pretty much treating it like you just installed the system and have re-booted to run multibeast. As far as it replacing the old one I'm sure it will, but I haven't had to do that. I would trash the old one if you want to be sure.

Thanx for all the help much appreciated. Last question, do you know where I would find the old DSDT? I wouldn't even know where to start looking.

You'll find all the DSDT files in the resources tab at the top of this page. I've just done the same thing as you with a different mother board model (old one was a z68-XP-UD5 and now it's a GA-Z68X-UD3-B3) from Gigabyte and I didn't even have to use iBoot, the system started straight off, then I deleted the extras folder in the system drive, reran Multibeast with the appropriate boxes ticked and it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back