Contribute
Register

Move from Chimera to Clover and keep Apps and Audio Plugins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 FF
CPU
Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys! Been a while since I have been on here.... My current build works fantastically with the exception of iMessage.

I am thinking about upgrading from Yosemite to El Capitan and switching from Chimera to Clover but I want to keep all my Apps and Audio Plugins working without having to re-activate them all. This Hackintosh is for my music studio and it is imperative that we keep the plugins working....

This is my MotherBoard and Video Card ...GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 FF & ZOTAC GeForce GT 430.

What are your thoughts? I have never used Clover before.....Can I just do a clean install and use Time Machine to import my profile and settings? OR should I attempt to update through the App Store as I have in the past?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi guys! Been a while since I have been on here.... My current build works fantastically with the exception of iMessage.

I am thinking about upgrading from Yosemite to El Capitan and switching from Chimera to Clover but I want to keep all my Apps and Audio Plugins working without having to re-activate them all. This Hackintosh is for my music studio and it is imperative that we keep the plugins working....

This is my MotherBoard and Video Card ...GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 FF & ZOTAC GeForce GT 430.

What are your thoughts? I have never used Clover before.....Can I just do a clean install and use Time Machine to import my profile and settings? OR should I attempt to update through the App Store as I have in the past?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Check out this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/171680-clover-basics-switching-advice.html

And here for Clover details:
www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-deskt...a-ud3r-core-i7-930-ati-5770-os-x-10-11-a.html

Thank You so much, however it doesn't say anything about preserving apps? I have always just performed the app store updates on my macbook but I am looking to switch to Clover and El Capitan on my Hackintosh that is running Yosemite now.

I am fairly certain I will get a working system using Clover for the first time but how can I preserve all my settings and apps and stuff? I am not trying to seem like a noob but I have my system really decked out at the moment. I just want to make sure I don't have to re-authorize all of my 3rd party VST and AU Plugins.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back