CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anybody know what causes this issue. When I create or import mov files from my camera or from screen recorders etc, the files don't show the preview image. Instead its all garbled. See the picture I attached. These are 3 different files, one from an iPhone, one from a nabi camera.

Attachments

• icons.png
    icons.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 133
same problem here, also with mp4. When I open a video with VLC the first frame is that noise.

yosemite 10.2.2

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB

same problem here, also with mp4. When I open a video with VLC the first frame is that noise.

yosemite 10.2.2

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB

I'm also having this problem with a GTX 760 running Clover and Yosemite 10.10 (recently updated to 10.10.2). It affects online videos such as YouTube and local videos through Plex. I'm trying to figure out if one of the alternate NVIDIA drivers that doesn't appear to be applicable to the GTX 760 would help but I haven't found an answer yet.

Well I looked for an answer to this issue we are having and in another post on another website, somebody mentioned that its probably due to OSX wanting to use integrated graphics for decoding these types of files first before going to dedicated cards when more power is needed. And because we have hackintoshes and we put the dedicated graphics cards first in the boot order, OSX gets confused and so we get garbled video, and also from my original pictures, garbled icons.

Anyway the post goes on to say to put the settings back to igfx first. Which as we probably know, will mean the boot loader screen will not show up if you have your monitor plugged into the dedicated card. In my case as was the author of the post, I have Clover set to boot to OSX and I have windows 8.1 as a secondary (2 positions to the right). I can probably still boot to both either way, but without touching anything it boots to OSX which I run 99 percent of the time.
Once I made the change, my video playing in youtube on safari (which usually always started off garbled) was fine. As for the icons which I mentioned in my previous post as if that was the only issue, those were fixed afterwards by simply renaming the files. As you can compare to my original post.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 12.33.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 12.33.55 AM.png
    103 KB · Views: 105
I just disabled the integrated GPU to address another issue I've been having. I'll be interested to see if that also fixes the video noise issue for me. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back