1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
All of sudden my usb mouse has started to skip/jump, not moving smoothly. I never had any problems with it...... I even tried a different mouse and the same. keyboard works fine

1. No changes to system since last backup
2. Tried a different mouse
3. used a backup from a few weeks ago that i know it was working
4. disconnected all other usb
5. did a fresh install
6. disconnected everything not vital to system

still the same.....

It's not the end of the world type of thing, but a little annoying

z68x-ud3h-b3 * i5 2500k * 16gb mushkin 1600mhz * Intel HD 3000 * 60GB mushkin SSD

anyone know any help.....

I've got the same problem & a similar system. I'll let you know if I find a solution.

I have the same problem. The things I have noticed are:

1) when I'm using my USB DVD drive it goes nuts on me - disconnecting the drive fixes it for me
2) when I was playing with the Overclock on my system I noticed the same thing. I was playing with the voltages to my vcore and it became unstable.

I have found a stable voltage for my system now so it only happens when I'm using the DVD USB drive.

I guess its something in the bios, but i have not changed anything, I have tried many things. Restore, fresh install........ Going to disconnect everything, HD, ram, usb just everything .....and install fresh copy, hope it works. I really love this system, fast and (was) flawless....

I can get the mouse working in clover boot, but since i don't know clover i cant get the system working 100%....

I have this exact same problem. I've tried different bluetooth adaptors, ranging from $2 to $18, all the same problem. I've tried different bluetooth mice from Logitech to the Apple "magic" Mouse, same problem. I've tried different usb ports, I've tried changing my router to broadcast only 2.4ghz or only 5ghz to narrowing it down to specific channels, nothing works. I am simply unable to use my computer at times it gets so bad. I've tried smoothmouse too, all it does (for me) is remove acceleration all together and just move the cursor around ultra fast, so when the mouse gets jumpy - its just worse.

I refuse to go to a wired usb mouse, I shouldn't have to. Its pretty sad considering my very first hackintosh, a $300 HP Mini 110, had zero problems with mice or bluetooth in general.

When I was in 10.7 (using hd3000 on my z68ma) I also was affected with jumpy mouse. The solution was:

Remove /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

tried that, no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back