i5-9500
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

It's been a while my Hackintosh have been installed and updated. I started with 10.6.6 and updated successfully with 10.6.7 and 10.6.8 thanks to the wonderful utilities Tonymac is providing us :D

I gave a try at installing Lion using Tony's method and it worked damn well (again).
I still got a few problems to figure out on my own but as of now the one that is really annoying is that any mouse will have an inverted scrolling, meaning when i use the mouse wheel to scroll down, any page (finder, safari, chrome, firefox...) will scroll up and when i scroll up any page will scroll down.

I have a Logitech G500 and tried with a Logitech M550b (bluetooth) and some crappy generic usb cable mouse and same results.
Any of these devices were working well since 10.6.
When i boot on Windows 7 every device is working as it should.

So now i can't figure out what the problem can be, is this a bad kext ? something to remove ?

Any help would be appreciated as i can't find anyone anywhere who has the same problem as me.

THX

lol that was soooo easy.

Thank you both

Re: Mouse Scrolling Inverted after install - Terminal fix

I've got a Microsoft mouse with no trackpad, so the trackpad prefpane just sits looking for a device. The mouse prefpane doesn't have any option to disable it, and the Microsoft drivers are useless.

I turned up a fix from the Mac Admin http://themacadmin.com/?p=494. Fire up terminal and type (or paste)
Code:
defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences  com.apple.swipescrolldirection -bool false
to disable it for the current user, or
Code:
defaults write /Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences  com.apple.swipescrolldirection -bool false
to do it system-wide. Log out and back in to make the changes take effect.

To reverse it, just repeat the above, substituting "true" for "false".

Try an app called Scroll Reverser.
I was using it on 10.6.8 cos i wanted to try the new 'backwards' mode....
when i up'd to Lion it was still installed and therefore making it act 'traditional'
Give it a download and it will reverse the scrolling

I disagree about it being natural. I say this because if you are reading volumes of information everyday and CONSTANTLY need to scroll down the page, you have to bend your finger each time at two joints. When it isn't' inverted you don't have to bend those joints nearly as much to scroll down.

Pay attention to your finger joints and do it, you'll see what I mean.

Scroll down inverted with mouse is NOT NATURAL to your fingers--it's not ergonomic at all.

It makes sense on a touch device because when you are swiping you don't bend your finger joints scrolling up or down. But this isn't a touch device. It's a mouse.

Retarded design if you asked me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back