Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 1050
After a day of hiccups, upgrade from mavericks to yosemite is complete. Used easybeast, but needed to use GraphicsEnabler=yes to get it to boot. Now my mouse seems to be lagging/stuttering which is quite annoying. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I have my specs below.

Additionally, now my boot time is much slower than with Mavericks. It used to have the apple logo with a spinning wheel below for a short short time then right into the OSX. Now I get an apple logo with a progress bar below, followed by a black screen with a progress bar then into OSX. Maybe 4-5 x as long as the prior boot time.

Thanks for the help!

MoBo: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
Cpu: Intel Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Gfx: ASUS Geforce 9800 GT 512MB (PEG 2) (primary monitor)
PNY GeForce GT 220 1GB (PEG) (2 secondary monitors)
Mem: 8GB DDR-2 800Mhz
SSD: Corsair LX-force 256 GB SATA 3
Dvd/BRD: Pioneer BDR-208BDK

BUMP. Anyone have thoughts? One other thing I am noticing is that my computer will randomly freeze/shutdown and when I restart my bios settings have reset to default. I am wondering if all of these issues are related. Thoughts appreciated.

After a day of hiccups, upgrade from mavericks to yosemite is complete. Used easybeast, but needed to use GraphicsEnabler=yes to get it to boot. Now my mouse seems to be lagging/stuttering which is quite annoying. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I have my specs below.

Additionally, now my boot time is much slower than with Mavericks. It used to have the apple logo with a spinning wheel below for a short short time then right into the OSX. Now I get an apple logo with a progress bar below, followed by a black screen with a progress bar then into OSX. Maybe 4-5 x as long as the prior boot time.

Thanks for the help!

MoBo: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
Cpu: Intel Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Gfx: ASUS Geforce 9800 GT 512MB (PEG 2) (primary monitor)
PNY GeForce GT 220 1GB (PEG) (2 secondary monitors)
Mem: 8GB DDR-2 800Mhz
SSD: Corsair LX-force 256 GB SATA 3
Dvd/BRD: Pioneer BDR-208BDK

Did you figure out how to fix this? I'm having the same problem when I boot with Clover, but not Chameleon.

Did you figure out how to fix this? I'm having the same problem when I boot with Clover, but not Chameleon.

Have not really figured out any of the problems, except maybe the BIOS reset issue. I redid my multibeast bootloader install with AppleRTC patch and that seems to have stopped the BIOS from resetting, though the system does still randomly shut down quite often.

Haven't figured out the mouse lag/stutter. Really frustrating!

Is your mouse connected via Bluetooth? If so, I have the same problem. I'm definitely getting mouse lag with my Bluetooth dongle connecting my Magic Mouse. Prior to Yosemite, it worked flawlessly. After Yosemite, the good thing is that it connects immediately (before, I had to wait about 30 seconds to 1 minute for it to connect). But the downside is the lag. It's very intermittent.

I have a logitech keyboard, and it came with this little USB extender. I tried putting my dongle on that USB extender, and I THINK it's working a little better, but not positive. I've read issues from OEM Mac users that are also experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues after Yosemite, so maybe this is a bigger issue than I thought...

Whoa! I attached my receiver to a USB extension and put it closer to the mouse and Voila, problem seems to be better. WTF?? I guess its not a graphics compatibility card at all...maybe we need to move this thread!

I can not understand why Yosemite would mess with a bluetooth dongle's receive capability but thanks for the heads up!

Is your mouse connected via Bluetooth? If so, I have the same problem. I'm definitely getting mouse lag with my Bluetooth dongle connecting my Magic Mouse. Prior to Yosemite, it worked flawlessly. After Yosemite, the good thing is that it connects immediately (before, I had to wait about 30 seconds to 1 minute for it to connect). But the downside is the lag. It's very intermittent.

I have a logitech keyboard, and it came with this little USB extender. I tried putting my dongle on that USB extender, and I THINK it's working a little better, but not positive. I've read issues from OEM Mac users that are also experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues after Yosemite, so maybe this is a bigger issue than I thought...

I got the same problem with intermittent mouse lagging. Has anybody got anymore ideas?

I have also noted that the loading time has increased as mentioned above.

Components
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H
-------------------------------
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB
Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) CL10 1600Mhz VENGEANCE LP
Corsair CX 500M 80+ Bronze
Fractal Design Core 1100, USB 3.0, Svart, mATX
Intel Core i7 4790K 4GHz, 8MB
Samsung SSD EVO Basic 840-Series 250GB

I got the same problem with intermittent mouse lagging. Has anybody got anymore ideas?

I have also noted that the loading time has increased as mentioned above.

Components
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB
Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) CL10 1600Mhz VENGEANCE LP
Corsair CX 500M 80+ Bronze
Fractal Design Core 1100, USB 3.0, Svart, mATX
Intel Core i7 4790K 4GHz, 8MB
Samsung SSD EVO Basic 840-Series 250GB

What version of Yosemite are you running? 10.10.3 addressed a bluetooth connectivity issue that affected real Macs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back