osx 7 lion
CPU
core i7 920
Graphics
ati 5770 1gb
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hmm I have to restate this because I no longer think it is the 10.6.5 update.

Edit: I used the new multibeast 3.0.3 with 10.6.4 update and i still got the strange mouse behavior. I've gone back to 10.6.5 and still have strange behavior. I'm not sure what's causing it. I can't even think of what I've done differently. I haven't really done much except my usual work nothing tech related.

I am using an ati 5770 1gb with dual dvi setup. I googled it and found that if I unplug one of my monitors the problem goes away. Problem is, that monitor is my primary monitor. The secondary one is older, smaller :(.

Is there anyway to go back to older video drivers? Is it my USB? What could it be? Any ideas?

Mouse works fine in windows, and other systems so the mouse seems to be fine. I tried wired and wireless mouses and they all behave the same.

Edit: The mouse works fine with 10.6.3 and no multibeast installed. Could it be the new chameleon?

Arggh, Some reason it came back after a restart. And wow, how batshit crazy annoying it is. It's becoming really hard to control the mouse. :/

Try USB Overdrive

Well I tried a bunch of different programs. Steermouse, usb overdrive, mouse curves.
None of them worked at all. This was definitely not a mouse or regular software or mouse driver issue.

After much googling, I came to many threads concluding that for some reason some monitors are a bit non compatible with the mac osx drivers. This is not because of hackintosh, it is happening on "real macs" also.

Turns out the issue is a little present and problematic on the DVI connection. HDMI doesn't even work with my monitor at all with my hack. The display port on my video card works, so I bought a Sapphire Displayport to DVI active cable. It was about 30 bucks on newegg.

This allowed me to hook up my monitor which was dvi only to the displayport on my video card.

1. shutdown system completely
2. switched wires, 1 displayport to dvi cable, hooked up to a dvi monitor
b. A second monitor that works fine over dvi, connection on the bottom dvi port.
3. Turned on system
4. Once the system get's into Mac OSX you'll see the displayport start to work
5. dual monitor is also connected and working fine. You can actually see the bios
booting up on the other monitor connected via dvi. I am guessing the motherboard itself doesn't support displayport connections so thats why you can't see the boot process using displayport. If you have only one monitor, and wish to change bios settings, please plug the cable directly into the dvi.

I didn't do anything special to make it work with dual monitors.

I'm running ati radeon 5770 1gb, with the new kabyl boot loader that allows the video card to boot with enabler=yes. QE/CI is working just fine.

In addition, I haven't gotten that weird phenomenon yet where the screen becomes all white noise for a second and then goes back to normal. Thank goodness.

Everything is working just fine. Mouse is smooth as melted butter and no hiccups anymore. It's actually way better than it ever was now then over my DVI connection.

That's it guys. Sorry for the long explanation.

You are welcome.

Detailed fixes are always welcome as it could help other peeps :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back