Contribute
Register

Mouse freeze and jump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdly, it works fine after installing a patched bios, i can use graphicsenabler=yes and the mouse still wont freeze and this is all using the hdmi cable like normal

:headbang:Great:headbang:

Now, if you can write a little "how-to" to help me to understand, it will be nice :)

Have you patched your own file or have you get an already patched one from somewhere?

Sorry I was wrong :thumbdown:. It was the dsdt which fixed the mouse problem. Its funny because a dsdt from someone else with just the same motherboard will fix my mouse problems but my own dsdt for my machine doesnt fix it. Maybe I need to edit it but i still cannot find a dsdt patch for the AsRock Z77 Pro4-M.

Sorry I was wrong :thumbdown:. It was the dsdt which fixed the mouse problem. Its funny because a dsdt from someone else with just the same motherboard will fix my mouse problems but my own dsdt for my machine doesnt fix it. Maybe I need to edit it but i still cannot find a dsdt patch for the AsRock Z77 Pro4-M.

Which dsdt have you used?

Hi,

Do we know the cause of this mouse freezing problem? I'm having the same problem using a HD4890.
Strange thing for me was everything was working perfectly using DVI output with GraphicsEnabler=yes with system info showing that I have HD4890 and one day after a reboot I suddenly have a mouse lag problem where it would freeze every 4-5 seconds.

In my search for solution I found that when using GraphicsEabler=yes and two monitors DVI and VGA output the mouse would only lag on the monitor connected to DVI port and would work fine on monitor connected to VGA output.

My work around for the moment is to use the vga(d-sub) output and GraphicsEnabler = no if anyone know the cause of this problem or fix please let me know.

Thanks

Tom

I have 2 dsdt's : one which I found on the forums (call is number 1) and one that I made (call is number 2). DSDT 1 has problems so it says "AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 1024 MB" instead of saying the full model and is also weird so HDEF patch doesnt work. DSDT 2 on the other hand hos no graphics card problems and i can do HDEF edits (which I need for HDMI audio) but it has the mouse problems. Is there any way that I can take a code from DSDT 1 and put it in DSDT 2 so that the mouse problems are fixed and I can go on to get hdmi audio working. I have uploaded both the dsdt's so i would be very grateful if someone would look at them and tell me what to do.

DSDT 1 - View attachment dsdt.aml.zip
DSDT 2 - View attachment dsdt.aml.zip

Thanks for helping !

I've found out that the mouse problem also doesnt happen if I use the onboard hd 4000 graphics but when I use my sapphire 6870 it starts again. Hope this helps to somehow make the fixing a bit easier

I am also having this problem. Not sure what caused it but when mountain lion was freshly installed, i had no issues, it just came up.

I tried doing the USBBusFix boot flag to no avail.

Is this really a video problem?

Intel I5 3450
Gigabyte GA Z77 D3H
8gb ram
ATi 5770 video card (powercolor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back