Contribute
Register

Mouse freeze and jump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astro have you fixed your issue yet? I thought that you had!

Yes yes ;)
I have moved forward buying and dvi->hdmi cable so i able to start with graphicsenabler=yes and duckweed without problem and now my mouse and all the others stuffs are working like a charm :)

Yes yes ;)
I have moved forward buying and dvi->hdmi cable so i able to start with graphicsenabler=yes and duckweed without problem and now my mouse and all the others stuffs are working like a charm :)

Oh Yeah:headbang: I thought that you had, I prefer the picture on Dvi-Hdmi by a long way. How did the update go for you? Were you using an SSD? Pleased that everything is working:D

The update to 10.8.1 finished without problems and all working again.
I don't use an ssd with ML, but a spare 320hd that i had on my desk.

Yeah I had a couple of minor issues with SSD and disk management, but nothing to bad. My next build is the same board as yours with the Thunderbolt ports. Waiting for it to arrive in the UK next week.

Sent you a Friends request on here! :thumbdown:

Can I use a vga to hdmi cable where the hdmi goes in the 6870 and the vga goes in the monitor ? I already have that cable so I dont need to spend any money. Will using vga make my display quality worse ?

Can I use a vga to hdmi cable where the hdmi goes in the 6870 and the vga goes in the monitor ? I already have that cable so I dont need to spend any money. Will using vga make my display quality worse ?

Personally I haven't tried VGA to HDMI, you can try it, it wont hurt anything, if there are problems boot back with the cable you used before. Also check the chameleon.plist that was posted earlier in the thread and make sure that you have everything in there. On the 6xxx series card the bottom DVI port isnt working and to use the HDMI(Visual) you need duckweed frame buffer. Unless you you can edit the kext needed.

Yes sure
i have bought a new cable because the right dvi port on 6870 it's the lower one and my standard dvi>vga cable was,t fit in it ;)

edit:
ah sorry!
i misunderstood
No, on the hdmi port you will get a black screen with "no signal" message on the monitor, at least, in my case

oh, so it wouldnt work ?

oh, so it wouldnt work ?

Yes, if you deeply understand what i saied in my post #19 and modify your ati6000kext with an hex editor

Weirdly, it works fine after installing a patched bios, i can use graphicsenabler=yes and the mouse still wont freeze and this is all using the hdmi cable like normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back