Contribute
Register

Mouse freeze and jump

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's weird about the link. Trying again:

http://www.insanely-mac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=275546

If I paste that in my browser window, it works. If I click on the link...no joy! Go figure.

I actually would *not* recommend switching to 5,1 unless you've researched the difference between the system definitions and understand that if you simply switch to 5,1 via MultiBeast you'll get kernel panics.

I made the switch because ML wasn't recognizing my cards vendor ID properly for power management. I edited the AppleIntelGraphicsPowerManagement kext to reference the correct graphics card; in order to load the AIGPM kext, you need to use the 5,1 profile (the 3,1 doesn't load it). It's complicated, and I would be totally lying if I told you that I understood it perfectly. Merely standing on the shoulders of giants - others much wiser and smarter about these matters than myself. :D

But - to the point - none of that other nonsense was necessary to get the mouse to stop "sticking" like that. For me the solution was in the proper AtiConfig ID, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and *maybe* correct port information as well.

Clear
Thanks for your help.
Tried the simple way, using Gabba, but isn't working ;(

I keep trying...

ps. the link without minus works ;) thanks!

It's bizarre! This site keeps adding in those dashes! I cannot type in the correct URL without this editor adding the hyphen! :eek:

When you look at all your drives in finder, are they yellow or silver drives?

Silvers, as shown in the video ;)

Like I said just a question. I remembered that mine were showing as yellow a while ago. And my USB mouse was a little glitchy. When I made them all internal the problem went away. Unsure if this had anything to do with the amount of drives what were showing as external making my USB mouse glitch. Or when I changed definitions, but thought it was worth a try.

Like I said just a question. I remembered that mine were showing as yellow a while ago. And my USB mouse was a little glitchy. When I made them all internal the problem went away. Unsure if this had anything to do with the amount of drives what were showing as external making my USB mouse glitch. Or when I changed definitions, but thought it was worth a try.

Yes, i heard about that problem, but it's not this case... or i don't think so.
now i'm trying to understand the dark side of reading video card bios, trying to understand what the strange numbers are, and what i have to do with they to create an atiprofile that works with graphicsenabler=yes and duckweed...

Yes, i heard about that problem, but it's not this case... or i don't think so.
now i'm trying to understand the dark side of reading video card bios, trying to understand what the strange numbers are, and what i have to do with they to create an atiprofile that works with graphicsenabler=yes and duckweed...

When I was running Snow Leopard, I added the Device ID to the correct Kext/info p.list in S/L/E for a Sparkle Geforce 9400GS to get it working correctly. I have be looking at the ATI6000 kext (well most of them in ML) to see if I can find a device ID list to edit with the Graphics card ID in the kext but cant seem to come across one. :(

i'm wondering if it has anything to with with your graphics card at all. I am thinking it may have something to with HD drive access. Try unplugging the other drives and only having the ML hard drive connected. See how this works out.

Good News!
I have bought an Dvi->hdmi cable, so i can connect the pc with dvi and the monitor with hdmi.
After used duckweed without atiports, all running smooth, without any mouse gap or anything else!

But, it's an half-victory because, with this configuration, i have to downscale via software the screen resolution otherwise the image is out about 2cm from the screen.

This follow that i can't have a sharpness image or fonts on the screen.

I think that i have to do something like in this post: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=38636&start=30

But i'm too noob to do this work.

I have just retrieved all the information about
ioreg | grep ATY, my bios with radeon_bios_decode < BARTS.rom, using ati-personality.pl.
Now i think that i only to do the new 6000kext, but i don't understand really well what and how.

There is some "good knight" that can do this for me or guide myself in this hard journey? :angel:

Dear knight, you can find all the infos here : http://pastebin.com/rmzdHiN3

Bye and Thanks!!!

What program are you/Knight going to use to open the kext. And how is it done? I would try and give it a go. The Mac OS folder is there in the 6000kext, also the controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back