Sapphire 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all
As described in my last thread, located here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-sound-blaster-x-fi-surround-5-1-pro-usb.html

now i have all working, except for the mouse. (usb wireless mouse Microsoft 3500)

It's stops every 5 or 10 secs, for a couple, and after restart.

I see often using Safari, almost never or few times, using finder generally moving between windows, coping files etc

like i said, with GraphicsEnabler=No, mouse goes smooth like a charm :(

I have installed Easybeast and this is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>darkwake=0</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCptates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
       <string>1920x1080x32</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Help me please, i'm too near at the finish line to surrender!

ps. if i add
Code:
        <key>AtiConfig</key>
	<string>Duckweed</string>

Like suggested, my hackintosh give me a black screen, seems that don't get the video card but if i add also

npci=0x3000 or PCIRootUID=1 or both

dosn't recognize anymore the video card, telling me that's a generic 6xxx, so no graphicsenabler and no dvdplayer & co

Make sure you set the GraphicsEnabler flag to Yes if you are using a profile (such as Duckweed).

Make sure you set the GraphicsEnabler flag to Yes if you are using a profile (such as Duckweed).

Have this in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist :

Code:
<string>Yes</string>[COLOR=#000000]

Isn't enought?[/COLOR]

This is a simple video that shows the problem...follow the mouse pointer in every movement ;)

[video=youtube;Bj-BIt7MwWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj-BIt7MwWc[/video]

there is a fullhd version available to look better... :)

Have this in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist :

Code:
<string>Yes</string>[COLOR=#000000]

[/COLOR]

Isn't enought?

Not for me it wasn't - I had to add the profile lines or I had the same "sticky mouse" symptom that you described. If you use GraphicsEnabler=Yes, you need to use the profile as well. Similarly, the profile won't work without GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>

Thanks
But when i use the profile with atiports, i can't have the signal over hdmi, only on the second dvi, thats shows a second monitor that i don't have and the same dvi cable dosn't enter in the first dvi port because have differents teeths.

i have tried with atiports 1,2,3,4,5 also 0, but, without luck, always "Monitor without signal"

Thanks
But when i use the profile with atiports, i can't have the signal over hdmi, only on the second dvi, thats shows a second monitor that i don't have and the same dvi cable dosn't enter in the first dvi port because have differents teeths.

i have tried with atiports 1,2,3,4,5 also 0, but, without luck, always "Monitor without signal"

Hi Astro, I think what singj is trying to say, when you use graphicsenabler=yes you also need the framebuffer duckweed. Not so much the ati ports string.

Well, the AtiPorts string was worth trying, as well. I'm using the DVI port so what's working for me may not be working for you.

I've read that "Gibba" instead of "Duckweed" works in some circumstances, depending on the card vendor.

I should say that I'm also using a MacPro 5,1 with a hand-edited AIGPM kext -- although the mouse issue was resolved prior to moving over from the MacPro 3,1 definition.

Here's a thread that might be helpful:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=275546

Best of luck!

Well, the AtiPorts string was worth trying, as well. I'm using the DVI port so what's working for me may not be working for you.

I've read that "Gibba" instead of "Duckweed" works in some circumstances, depending on the card vendor.

I should say that I'm also using a MacPro 5,1 with a hand-edited AIGPM kext -- although the mouse issue was resolved prior to moving over from the MacPro 3,1 definition.

Here's a thread that might be helpful:

http://www.insanely-mac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=275546

Best of luck!

Bad link ... it says "don't exist anymore"
So you suggest me to change definition to Mac Pro 5,1 from multi beast?

I'm having trouble with the link. No idea why...

Try visiting insanely-mac.com and searching for

HD 6870 DVI Connectors SOLVED

I actually would *not* recommend switching to 5,1 unless you've researched the difference between the system definitions and understand that if you simply switch to 5,1 via MultiBeast you'll get kernel panics.

I made the switch because ML wasn't recognizing my cards vendor ID properly for power management. I edited the AppleIntelGraphicsPowerManagement kext to reference the correct graphics card; in order to load the AIGPM kext, you need to use the 5,1 profile (the 3,1 doesn't load it). It's complicated, and I would be totally lying if I told you that I understood it perfectly. Merely standing on the shoulders of giants - others much wiser and smarter about these matters than myself. :D

But - to the point - none of that other nonsense was necessary to get the mouse to stop "sticking" like that. For me the solution was in the proper AtiConfig ID, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and *maybe* correct port information as well.

EDIT: Now, that's funny. It won't let me post the URL to this website without inserting a hyphen where it doesn't belong. Anticompetitive behavior, TonyMacx86! XD /shakes fist
Remove the hyphen between Insanely and Mac and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back