Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Weird issue with 10.7 & 10.7.1 on my setup.

After booting Lion won't register any mouse clicks or keyboard input for two minutes.

I can move the mouse cursor and my keyboard is getting USB power (Caps Lock light turns on & off) but no input is registered by the system for two minutes.

I ran my DSDT.aml through the DSDT Auto Patcher and rolled back IOUSBFamily using MultiBeast 3.8.0

USB 3.0 is disabled in BIOS (Kernel Panics on device insert) and PXHCD.kext is not installed.

This is pretty annoying; can anyone help?

Tried a variety of modified USB kexts, different flags for Chameleon, and booting between 32 and 64 bit, but no dice.

Is this nothing more than a Lion issue?

alot of people had this. and, it seems, for different reasons. my delay was 7 to 8 minutes and I tracked it down to onboard internet kext. And I only discovered that when I did a clean install of Lion off of a USB stick. No LNX RTL81XX (or whatever it is) and I had USB right away. Fire up MB and install the kext and I was back to square one with the USB delay. I pulled the kext out again.... USB was working. Extracted the kext from the previous version of MB with Pacifist ... put it in and I had internet and USB. I have no clue why, but I've done alot of things on a hackintosh without knowing why. The npci=0x2000 boot flag is a classic example. Even the mods can't (or won't) tell what it does and how it does it ... it just works for a lot of systems, mine included. Some other people found that their graphics kexts, or some combination thereof, were the culprits.

So after a long paragraph of BS ... I guess I would recommend a clean install of Lion and then start fiddling with kexts. Get thyself a copy of pacifist and a copy of kext wizard and go forth into the promised land. Hell, even if you hocker it completely, you may not be any worse off than you are now. Also get a copy of CCC and clone anything good that you have.

Once you have a good stable install of 10.7 ... clone it and start working with 10.7.1

just my 2 cents

Rick

Rick,

Thank you for your reply. Do you think you could attach your S/L/E folder for me to take a look at?

you want the whole thing?
email might be easier.....pm me an email address and I will send it.

Just wait till you get mouse and keyboard function back and re-run multi beast select all the options that got you to that point and reboot you should be good after that.

Disable legacy keyboard support in the BIOS. Worked like a charm for me.

EP45-UD3P
Q9400@ 3.4GHz
12GB

russinnes said:
Disable legacy keyboard support in the BIOS. Worked like a charm for me.

EP45-UD3P
Q9400@ 3.4GHz
12GB

Gave it a shot but it still hangs at start up. Maybe this is a DSDT issue?

Did a clean install of Lion and had USB this time around. Had used an altered OSInstall.mpkg last time, but that's the only change.

hey did anyone end up fixing this?
its driving me insane having to wait about 10 mins to use the mouse click/keyboard!
and rick, what was the onboard internet kext you deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back