Deii Latitude E7470
CPU
i7-6600U
Graphics
HD 520
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,
I need some help about my big sur installation. I decided to install big sur on my secondary drive (250gb HDD). I tried with both opencore and clover and I can get to the install screen without any problems. However when I reach the language screen I can’t use neither the mouse or the keyboard. (wireless Microsoft keyboard and mouse) It worked without any problems on all previous macOS versions I had installed. I also tried using some Kexts: USBinjectall.kext xhciunsupported.kext and even a wired mouse. None of it worked

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Same issue keyboard mouse are not working on Big Sur
Mother board: Asus G41 tmlx
120 gb ssd
4gb ram
Hp wireless keyboard mouse
512gb nvidia GeForce GT 8500 graphics card.
By clover method I am able to boot and lead to the language selection screen and sometimes it was go to the installation screen where disk utility and big sur are there but neither keyboard nor mouse are working. Although I guess it was working but not responding. I use several kext USBinjectall.kext all kind of unsupported kext. Now when I will receive PS2 keyboard mouse I will try ApplePS2.kext or VoodooPS2.kext lats see will it work or not.
In my built in Catalina and in Mojave in other hdd my keyboard and mouse are working perfectly.
Please please somebody guide me why keyboard and mouse are not working on Big Sur
Thanks in advance

Same issue keyboard mouse are not working on Big Sur
Mother board: Asus G41 tmlx
120 gb ssd
4gb ram
Hp wireless keyboard mouse
512gb nvidia GeForce GT 8500 graphics card.
By clover method I am able to boot and lead to the language selection screen and sometimes it was go to the installation screen where disk utility and big sur are there but neither keyboard nor mouse are working. Although I guess it was working but not responding. I use several kext USBinjectall.kext all kind of unsupported kext. Now when I will receive PS2 keyboard mouse I will try ApplePS2.kext or VoodooPS2.kext lats see will it work or not.
In my built in Catalina and in Mojave in other hdd my keyboard and mouse are working perfectly.
Please please somebody guide me why keyboard and mouse are not working on Big Sur
Thanks in advance
Hey, its an odd thing that happens only on HID devices while USB is working (only on core duo or similar systems)
just add this patch on your config as shown in the picture (if you edit with proper tree type will be number instead of integer.
patch.png

Or you can copy paste this lines of code instead of writing manually
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Base</key>
                <string>_isSingleUser</string>
                <key>Count</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>Identifier</key>
                <string>com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily</string>
                <key>Limit</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Mask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string>20.0.0</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>uAEAAADD</data>
                <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>Skip</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
            </dict>

More info here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/big-sur/#keyboard-and-mouse-broken

It fixed it for me. Hope it works for you too.

Hey, its an odd thing that happens only on HID devices while USB is working (only on core duo or similar systems)
just add this patch on your config as shown in the picture (if you edit with proper tree type will be number instead of integer.
View attachment 501412

Or you can copy paste this lines of code instead of writing manually
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Base</key>
                <string>_isSingleUser</string>
                <key>Count</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>Identifier</key>
                <string>com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily</string>
                <key>Limit</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Mask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string>20.0.0</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>uAEAAADD</data>
                <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>Skip</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
            </dict>

More info here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/big-sur/#keyboard-and-mouse-broken

It fixed it for me. Hope it works for you too.
Thank you sir
But I am using clover method. Because I don't know how to create OC efi for dual core E8400 cpu open core guide don't have anything about this processor.
Cloud you please post your open core Efi for the same so that I edit it and try on my built. Because I spent whole bunch of 5 nights to figure it out how to get over this problem

Thank you sir
But I am using clover method. Because I don't know how to create OC efi for dual core E8400 cpu open core guide don't have anything about this processor.
Cloud you please post your open core Efi for the same so that I edit it and try on my built. Because I spent whole bunch of 5 nights to figure it out how to get over this problem
My cpu is the xeon equivalent to your cpu. Also Opencore has created a section for our CPUs. Try following it first because I use some custom patches that probably won't be right for your system.

OC guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/penryn.html#starting-point

After following it check out this one too (it is specific for wolf dale CPUs. It fixed problems I had. https://github.com/khronokernel/trashOS

If you still want my efi, tell me.

My cpu is the xeon equivalent to your cpu. Also Opencore has created a section for our CPUs. Try following it first because I use some custom patches that probably won't be right for your system.

OC guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/penryn.html#starting-point

After following it check out this one too (it is specific for wolf dale CPUs. It fixed problems I had. https://github.com/khronokernel/trashOS

If you still want my efi, tell me.
Thank you sir
First I try on my hand but still it will not work then I will get back to you for your EFI folder and customise this according to my built

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back