Contribute
Register

Mounting the EFI folder on the USB drive & install the Clover EFI to that partition

The 2012 is my actual. I just changed it to reflect the MB I'm working with. I made the Ventura installer, mounted the EFI, and then just copied and pasted over the EFI folder from OpenSource then tried to get it to boot - didn't work. Then I tried moving all the contents from the OpenSource download to the USB EFI drive, and same thing - will not boot. I get a solid Apple on the screen and no load bar.

I'm kind of stuck here, and thanks for jumping in to assist. I'm sure I'll the assistance I need from you :)

Last edited:
just copied and pasted over the EFI folder from OpenSource then tried to get it to boot
OpenCore ? Why do you keep saying OpenSource ? If you are using OpenCore then you'll need to zip up your EFI folder and attach it to a post here for review.

OpenCore ? Why do you keep saying OpenSource ? If you are using OpenCore then you'll need to zip up your EFI folder and attach it to a post here for review.
OpenCore Sorry. It just doesn't boot. The MB is a Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 board. There must be something off in the BIOS

Last edited:
just copied and pasted over the EFI folder from OpenSource then tried to get it to boot
How did you make the EFI folder ? Did you simply find one somewhere online or follow the Dortania guide to make it ?

Your BIOS settings should look like this:

Save & Exit >Load Optimized Defaults
M.I.T. >Advanced Memory Settings Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) : Profile1 (can be done post install)
BIOS > FastBoot: Disabled
BIOS > LAN PXE Boot Option ROM: Disabled
BIOS > Storage Boot Option Control: UEFI
Peripherals > TrustedComputing > Security Device Support:Disable
Peripherals > Network Stack Configuration > Network Stack:Disabled
Peripherals > USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support: Auto
Peripherals > USB Configuration > XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
Chipset > Vt-d: Disabled
Chipset > Wake on LAN Enable: Disabled
Chipset > IOAPIC 24-119 Entries: Enabled
Peripherals > Initial Display Output: PCIe 1 Slot
Chipset > Integrated Graphics: Disabled

Thank you very much for taking the time to write out all the BIOS settings. I went through the entire list and everything is done exactly as instructed. The installer starts to load, but then stops loading. The load bar about three quarters through comes to a crawl, and then loads for another 15 minutes. It then just sits there with a full load bar, and will not boot into the installation window. The USB flash drive stops flashing about 15 seconds into loading.

Attachments

• IMG_5238.JPG
    IMG_5238.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5239.JPG
    IMG_5239.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5240.JPG
    IMG_5240.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5241.JPG
    IMG_5241.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Thank you very much for taking the time to write out all the BIOS settings. I went through the entire list and everything is done exactly as instructed. The installer starts to load, but then stops loading. The load bar about three quarters through comes to a crawl, and then loads for another 15 minutes. It then just sits there with a full load bar, and will not boot into the installation window. The USB flash drive stops flashing about 15 seconds into loading.
boot verbose and then take a picture where it hangs

Good Idea, will do that.

OK, so I attempted to load the OS in Verbase mode. I put the -v under Arguments in the Boot section of my config.plist. and it still doesn't load. Just shows an Apple logo, and that's it. I don't know how to remove the -v now that its there. I was using clover configurator to mount the EFI volume and add the -v.

Could this be video card related in some way? I have a Saphire card.

Back