Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer
CPU
i7-6800k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 980 FTW
Mac
  1. Mac mini
I've created the boot thumb drive, and an EFI partition was also created (img 1). So I downloaded the EFI mounter v3 and tried to run it, but I'm not seeing the appropriate name in the drive list (img 2). ¿Que pasa?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 5.37.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 5.37.05 PM.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 414
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 5.49.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 5.49.44 PM.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 456
Thanks

So I found that disk2s2 is my destination, but it looks like the disk2s1 EFI partition is already on that thumb drive (img1)? I proceeded with the assumption it wasn't, and ran the v3 mounter app with disk2s1 and returned an unsuccessful mount (img2).

Attachments

• painted.png
    painted.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 756
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 3.26.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 3.26.30 PM.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 614
I've created the boot thumb drive, and an EFI partition was also created (img 1). So I downloaded the EFI mounter v3 and tried to run it, but I'm not seeing the appropriate name in the drive list (img 2)

So I found that disk2s2 is my destination, but it looks like the disk2s1 EFI partition is already on that thumb drive (img1)? I proceeded with the assumption it wasn't, and ran the v3 mounter app with disk2s1 and returned an unsuccessful mount

If you are referring to the 128GB /dev/Disk2 as your "boot thumb drive" [I guess the macOS Sierra Installation disk], the disk is already partitioned into a 209MB EFI and 30GB Untitled and 97.8 GB untitled 2 Apple HFS+ .

If you want to edit EFI>CLOVER>config.plist or kext>10.12 or Other, you need to mount disk2s1 . If you mount it the EFI will be seen on the desktop.

In all disks when you use disk utility in Mac or hack to Partition in GUID Partition Map and format in MacOS Extended (journaled) , the first 200+ mb is set aside as EFI for the Clover boot loader and other very important boot Files inside the CLOVER folder.

We want to get hold of the CLOVER folder and the Folders and files inside that to make changes suitable to boot that USB installer from the BIOS to CLOVER Boot Manager Screen and then to its final destination "the Installation screen" through booting process without any panic, freeze or failures on its way to its destination screen. This is done by giving the Bootable USB Flash disk a 'road map' in the form of "Boot flags" from Clover Boot Manager Screen>Options>Boot args:
Hope this helps.

So that EFI is already on the thumb drive, and after ejection from this computer, it is ready to boot in the coming hackintosh? Am I ready to begin step three of the install process per the write up?

If you run this command in macOS Terminal application:
Code:
for i in {0..10}; do diskutil mount /dev/disk${i}s1; done

It will mount "all" (first 10) hidden EFI partitions for the connected HDD's, SSD's and flash drives without the need of sudo (admin password)
In Finder Preferences / General; enable to show Hard disks and External drives on Desktop. Then you'll know by the icon whether it's a hard drive's EFI or a flash drives's EFI partition. You can also change the boot disk's EFI partition icon to a custom one to easily identify when mounted. Added SSD icons.zip for custom icons!

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 10.53.34.jpg

Attachments

• SSD icons.zip
    686.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back