HD 520
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@kvmKillerman

Sure thing, it's your machine! :). Just hit me up if you encounter any further issues. No problem, btw, I always love to help.
Hey you have tutorial for creating EFI partition to my macos hdd?

I have always booted from usb and since this laptop is about to be ready i would like to boot without the usb.
MountEFI.command gives me this message when i try mount Big Sur HDD's EFI: There is no EFI partition associated with disk2s5s1! So there is no efi partition and i need to create efi partition to that HDD that contains my macos. Its formatted to apfs at the moment but i guess i just have to make small partition by resizing the HDD.

EDIT:
Added pic of disk utility.
Samsung drive is the nvme that contains macos and the other one is HDD where i store crap :D

Attachments

• Näyttökuva 2021-12-7 kello 23.38.52.png
    Näyttökuva 2021-12-7 kello 23.38.52.png
    266.6 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
@kvmKillerman

Have you installed on a MBR partition scheme? You need to format your disk as GUID before installing, only then can you mount an EFI partition.

Hey you have tutorial for creating EFI partition to my macos hdd?

I have always booted from usb and since this laptop is about to be ready i would like to boot without the usb.
MountEFI.command gives me this message when i try mount Big Sur HDD's EFI: There is no EFI partition associated with disk2s5s1! So there is no efi partition and i need to create efi partition to that HDD that contains my macos. Its formatted to apfs at the moment but i guess i just have to make small partition by resizing the HDD.
i have given you your own thread

idea is to boot from usb, use hackintool to mount efi on usb, copy efi folder to desktop

remove usb stick

use hackintool to mount efi on hard drive

remove efi folder (if there is one)

copy over efi folder from desktop to hard drive efi partition

@kvmKillerman

Sure thing, it's your machine! :). Just hit me up if you encounter any further issues. No problem, btw, I always love to help.
"Have you installed on a MBR partition scheme? You need to format your disk as GUID before installing, only then can you mount an EFI partition."

Ummm... Well the disk utility says its GUID and no i dont think that i have installed mbr partition scheme.

What's my options now?

i have given you your own thread

idea is to boot from usb, use hackintool to mount efi on usb, copy efi folder to desktop

remove usb stick

use hackintool to mount efi on hard drive

remove efi folder (if there is one)

copy over efi folder from desktop to hard drive efi partition
Oh my bad didnt notice, thanks :)

Ima try that now

EDIT:

I dont think that i have EFI partition that i can mount. Only EFI Partition that i have is on the usb stick...

Also i noticed that my hibernate mode doesn't work correctly, if i press sleep it just turns of the screen. No hibernate mode at all?

Attachments

• Näyttökuva 2021-12-8 kello 1.37.23.png
    Näyttökuva 2021-12-8 kello 1.37.23.png
    214.1 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 00.59.39.png

This is what it looks like on my machine, so yes, I guess you really don't have an EFI partition, lol. No idea how that could happen. I have no idea what I would do in such a situation, probably just try to reinstall, if there is not too much to back-up. What a weird situation...

View attachment 536629

This is what it looks like on my machine, so yes, I guess you really don't have an EFI partition, lol. No idea how that could happen. I have no idea what I would do in such a situation, probably just try to reinstall, if there is not too much to back-up. What a weird situation...
Ugh XD so there is no way to create EFI Partition afterwards? I have linux live usb so maybe if i just resize the macos disk to create empty partition and then do the rest in linux live like how i made the efi partition on the usb?

Ugh XD so there is no way to create EFI Partition afterwards? I have linux live usb so maybe if i just resize the macos disk to create empty partition and then do the rest in linux live like how i made the efi partition on the usb?
when you boot using your usb installer, arrive at recovery, open diskutility, click on view then show all devices, then you select the actual hard drive on the left and then choose erase, do a clean install

backup your working efi first of course!

@kvmKillerman

There is a way to create that partition after the installation too, of course. But none of us here ever needed to do this, which is why it's hard to help. I will look into this tho, just out of curiosity, and then I can get back to you when I have any information.

@kvmKillerman

Please attach the output of
Bash:
diskutil list

// Edit: Here's a guide on how to add an EFI partition. Looks cumbersome, just do a fresh install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back