nVidia GT230
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

so I previously had made a bootable Lion USB and succesfully installed it on my PC after you guys helped me: http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desktop-support/44386-cant-get-start.html Everything worked after running Multibeast, no problems at all.

Then I switched back to Ubuntu and now am eager to try 10.8 So just like in the other thread, I've created a ML USB after buying it from some other 10.7 installation. Unlike last time, this time the USB was created just fine (8 GB USB stick). No problems at all. When I reboot my PC and start from the stick, the bootloader (Chimera right?) shows and I can choose to boot the OSX installer. Then the Apple bootscreen shows. All working fine, but after some time the screen goes to black and the screen on/off light starts to blink. I tried waking it up with keyboard, with a power button press but nothing helped.

My PC is a HP Pavilion p6580, 6 GB DDR3 RAM, nVidia GT230 video card 1,5 GB GDDR3 VRAM, Intel Core i3-540 3.06 GHz and my motherboard is the MSI MS-7613 (which is compatible according to the wiki here) and I got a SeaGate 1 TB hard disk.

What can I do to make it boot into the installer instead of into aforementioned problem?

Black Screen power save mode

No help from me! I am in a similar boat. I created a USB using UniBeast 1.5.2 and Mountain Lion from the App Store. After figuring out how to hit the F12 key to get my USB port to work, I installed ML on my reformatted HD (1.5 Gb). Now when I try to boot I get a black screen (power save), whether I boot from the USB or the HD -- same result.

System Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA dS3H 1155

CPU Intel Core i7 3770 Processor 3.5 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155

Graphics EVGA Geoforce GTX 550 Ti

Other Hardware
Dell Ultrasharp U2711 27" Widescreen
1.5 Tb Seagate HD

Yeah, but you get it after installation; I get it upon install USB boot.

Are your getting a black screen and staying on? or does your PC reboot?

The installer is set to put the monitor to sleep after some time, I don't know the exact time but around 10 minutes. When it happens to me, I just hit the space bar on my keyboard and the monitor wakes up. This doesn't seem to work for you.

So, your solution is to prevent the monitor from going to sleep after 10 minutes. Every 5 minutes or so during the installation, go wiggle the mouse or tap a key on the keyboard - anything to make it think you are using the system and thus it resets the timer for it to sleep the monitor. It is a pain in the butt to hang out around the computer while it installs, but it is a small price to pay to get the installation completed.

No, as I said: the black screen comes before the installer even shows.
Normally the process would be: "Chimera - Boot screen - Installer screen"
In my case it's: "Chimera - Boot screen - Black screen"

While 10.7 install USB still boots just fine, this only happens with the 10.8 install USB.

@jucery: It just stays black, no rebooting.

Thanks, will try that tomorrow! :)

oh i had that problem, after i fix he reboot problem, it was my GPU i have the GTX 460 try PCIRootUID=0

Sorry for the late reply but PCIRootUID=0 is the solution. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back