Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Update 10.8.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used the 10.8.3 install.app i'm having problems

I used it to create my new USB with unibeast 1.7.0. I installed it one week ago without any problem.

Has anyone used the 10.8.3 install.app i'm having problems

It helps if you describe the problems...

Just a guess: do you attempt to create the install stick on a non-English system?

I get a kernel panic (Can't find a platform for ACPI..... something, I can't remember what else) And when I go back to ML and insert the usb it says it can't be initialised.
Please back up your data if possible and format the volume

my experience with GenericUSBXHCI vs either PXHCD or the CalDigit kext is simple:

my probook doesn't have USB3, so i bought a "mac compatible" USB3 expresscard. there was no problem with the expresscard being recognized by OS X when i inserted it. with either PXHCD or CalDigit, System Information-->USB showed the expresscard's port as SuperSpeed, but with a speed of 480 mb/sec. testing confirmed that in fact it was operating at usb2 speed.

however, with the GenericUSBXHCI kext, the expresscard's port is recognized as SuperSpeed, with a speed of "up to 5GB/sec". and, testing supports that info.

also, i have a desktop hack with a pci-e usb3 card (NEC chip) that never worked properly with the older kexts, but does work fine with GenericUSBXHCI.

so, my strong vote is for GenericUSBXHCI in the installer.

ken

Hi faithie999,

I'm wondering which version of GenericUSBXHCI you use ? I'm using the latest 1.2.4 on my MBP and have some problems : I have to make MBP go to sleep mode and wake up to get a full speed of 5GB/s, if I don't do that then I only get 480MB/s, and with the drive attach to USB 3.0 port I cannot bring my MBP to sleep mode.

Thanks a lot

Hi faithie999,

I'm wondering which version of GenericUSBXHCI you use ? I'm using the latest 1.2.4 on my MBP and have some problems : I have to make MBP go to sleep mode and wake up to get a full speed of 5GB/s, if I don't do that then I only get 480MB/s, and with the drive attach to USB 3.0 port I cannot bring my MBP to sleep mode.

Thanks a lot

A real MacBook Pro??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back