ATI Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Everyone,

I have 2 hackintoshs and when Mountain Lion Came out, I went out and purchased 2 120gb ssds and installed mountain lion on each for each computer, One is running fine, the other which is a Gigabyte GA-h67ma-usb3-b3 with 6gb ram and an i3 with hd3000, I am running an hdmi which is giving me sound, I edited my dsdt and applehda audio, for mouintain lion and it seems to work fine on this aswell.. This computer is mostly just my server and sits there, I usually dont have the screen on and just let it do its work. Ever since I have installed Mountain lion it has been almost useless cause every couple hours I cannot connect to it via, afp, vnc, smb etc.. I turn on the screen and the computer is frozen. I have looked in console, and there doesn't really seem to be a common demoninator between the freezes, I originally thought it was a fseventsu SLOWDOWN, but it has not appeared in the logs the last couple of times.

The one really wierd issue is everytime I try to restart I get a you need to restart your computer, hold down power button etc. which I think only appears when you ger a KP? any help on this would be appreciated! thanks!

I encountered freeze once, too. I was browsing the Internet with Safari at the time, suddenly everything is unresponsive except mouse can still move around. I guessed it was a Java problem, not sure if it's the same cause.

I encountered freeze once, too. I was browsing the Internet with Safari at the time, suddenly everything is unresponsive except mouse can still move around. I guessed it was a Java problem, not sure if it's the same cause.

No my issue is very strange, I dont use this computer for anything but a server, so it sits on the desktop with nothing going on most of the time. When it freezes it just seems the keyboard and mouse dont work, I try unplugging and replugging but nothing happens, I see the clock is moving though, It also loses connection to the internet i guess and the stuff i have running, is not accessible anymore from within or outside my network.

When mine crashes (more often now), Mouse is free to move, SSH is working. So I can remote login to "sudo reboot". Unfortunately I haven't found out exactly what is causing it to crash either.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    768.7 KB · Views: 291
When mine crashes (more often now), Mouse is free to move, SSH is working. So I can remote login to "sudo reboot". Unfortunately I haven't found out exactly what is causing it to crash either.

your very lucky than, i dont have any keyboard or mouse access and ssh def does not work, it loses netowrk connection immediately, but like i said, clock still runs, may have to wipe it to a clean slate again :/

after unplugging all usb peripherals and adding them back one at a time, I'm starting to believe the bluetooth dongle is the elephant in the room, Will do a Marathon test this weekend to confirm that.

meanwhile, do you have any USB peripherals that you suspect? Especially BT dongles.

after unplugging all usb peripherals and adding them back one at a time, I'm starting to believe the bluetooth dongle is the elephant in the room, Will do a Marathon test this weekend to confirm that.

meanwhile, do you have any USB peripherals that you suspect? Especially BT dongles.

well when this happened basically the first thing i did was unplug everything, i had a bluetooth dongle but didnt use ot so when I did a clean install I did not even use it, I suspected that my UPS power supply usb was the problem as I was getting some indications in the console log. but I removed it and it still happened, I usually use a usb rf for a remote control, but that also has been unplugged since upgrading to mountain lion. Only peripheal I have plugged in right now is the white usb wired keyboard, and than a mouse plugged into the usb port on the keyboard, this morning I did my usual routine, (restart the computer, cause it froze over night) but this time I unplugged the keyboard. So there are no usb plugged in right now. which at the moment is not a problem, but i plan on actually using the computer as a media center again soon instead of just the media center server. So I am not sure what to do.

We will see if it still freezes with no usb plugged in and will update, if it does, I probably will just do a clean install.

If it's happening like clockwork every 2 hours, maybe it's a sleep issue - try disabling sleep and see if it happens again.

definitely not happening like clock work, sometimes it will last 4 hours sometimes 2 sometimes 6, since it is a server, I have always had to set to never go to sleep, so thats not the issue :/ Since I unplugged the keyboard this morning I have yet to have any problems, the real test will be tonight, if i wake up and it is still good, it means it has something to do with the usb ports..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back