Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Server 10.8 query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Extreme4 > Need Full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
E5-2609 v4
Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I know that TonyMac and the community has been doing an excellent job getting the latest OS X builds compatible with OSX86 systems, but I rarely see any discussion or developments for the Server side of a particular OS X build.

I was wondering if there will be a special installer for the $20 Server Add-on for Mountain Lion. I'll be upgrading my Snow Leopard Server build this coming July

:clap: Keep it up guys!

Cruxado said:
I know that TonyMac and the community has been doing an excellent job getting the latest OS X builds compatible with OSX86 systems, but I rarely see any discussion or developments for the Server side of a particular OS X build.

I was wondering if there will be a special installer for the $20 Server Add-on for Mountain Lion. I'll be upgrading my Snow Leopard Server build this coming July

In Lion and Mountain Lion, OS X server is added after installation of OS X. Theres no need for a "special installer," just install (Mountain) Lion using Unibeast or your preferred method, then go to the app store, buy/download Server.app, and run it.

senseotech said:
Cruxado said:

In Lion and Mountain Lion, OS X server is added after installation of OS X. Theres no need for a "special installer," just install (Mountain) Lion using Unibeast or your preferred method, then go to the app store, buy/download Server.app, and run it.

I thought it'd work like that, but wouldn't the APP Store verify the (Mountain) Lion License before hand?

Although, my concern would be if the Server Installer would be more like a Combo Update; in which case it'd be required running MultiBeast before restarting, correct?

Please hold off on discussions regarding installation until Apple officially releases to the public; which should be very soon.

Yes, I'm running an OS X file share at home running 10.8.2 with the server app from the Mac App Store running as well.

You can easily install OS X server over your Mountain Lion or Lion, it will not cause any issues with anything you have added with Multibeast or the like.
I have a full hack server running just fine with no issues thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back