Graphics
Inlet HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When ever I boot my Hackintosh under Mountain Lion the screen defaults to a resolution that is too low for the screen, in fact half of the screen is not visible because it is off the edge. When I login, I can restore to the correct resolution, by selecting "Scaled" then 720p followed by 1080p and everything is fine until I reboot. It is only a minor annoyance, but I'd like to fix if I can.

It seems that the new "best fit for display" doesn't select the correct resolution at boot and so I have to go through this process every time to get the correct resolution.

Using HD 3000 graphics, with Samsung S24B350 Monitor.

All else works beautifully.

Anybody have any clues? Is there a way to just fix the resolution so it doesn't default to another value at boot?

Cheers.

Same problem

I have the same problem.

I have not had this problem but maybe setting your org.chameleon.Boot.plist to the proper resolution will set the rez at boot and hopefully not revert to a lower rez
add:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

[SOLVED] Mountain Lion Screen Resolution at Boot

Brilliant, that worked perfectly. This also fixed the resolution of the initial Chameleon boot loader.

Help, most appreciated. Thanks

I'm having the same issue and the fix doesn't change anything for me.

Anyone else have the issue?

I have a graphic problem too
I installed ML successfuly but the display cannot be changed and is set to maximum resolution (2560*1440 which is just hurting your eyes)
when I try to change it I get a blue screen and the display never comes back
gotta reboot

So I used my HDMI port to get a 1080 resolution, it's fine, but I still cannot change resolution
I cannot afford a screen saver either (coz when I wake it up I get the blue screen, or frozen screen)
and the most astonishing: when I turn off/on my screen I get the same problem, I cannot resume the display

I don't really get what's happening here...

What can I do?
Help would be appreciated

Thanks, this solved my issue too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back