Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion problem with GTX 560 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most easy way would be installing Easybeast, my build works very well after this

Thanks astr627, I did it and indeed all my problems were solved!

Thank you all for the reply, I have graphics working would love to get CL installed or CUDA am looking into it any help would be great.

Thank you once more,

copy this into terminal mate

sudo perl -pi -e '$c++ if s|\x8b\x87\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x06\x8b\x87\x20\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x02|\x31\xc0\xff\xc0\xff\xc0\x89\x06\x31\xc0\x89\x02\x90\x90\x90\x90|; END { unless ($c) { warn "No substitutions made\n"; $? =1 } }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dyli

and opencl will work then install cuda drivers :)

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks a lot for all the informations I could have read on this website (included guidelines on building config / installation).

I'm here because I have a problem like described in the first subject of the topic (Random black screen after white apple screen loading), Mountain Lion boot isn't stable, it works only few time (maybe one in ten).
My computer :
- Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Wifi (wifi card not use)
- Gigabyte GTX 560Ti (GV-N560OC-1Gl)
- Intel i3770k

My SSD is separate in two partitions (dual boot Windows 7 / ML). Chimera is on the latest update and works fine with the selection of the different OS.

The problem has begun on the installation of ML. For success in this, I removed the GTX 560Ti and used the motherboard HDMI link to connect my screen (use of HD4000 I guess). I used Unibeast 1.5.3. Everything is ok using this one, but when I reconnect the GTX, the boot becomes instable.. On the other hand, when it works, Mountain Lion is incredibly stable !

I think I tried everything :
-x
-x with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No
-x with PCIRootUID=0 or 1
-x with both

In Multibeast, I'll try to check Easybeast one time (nothing), DSDT free (nothing).. I'm looking for this OpenCL you speak about, but there is nothing like that in the new version of Multibeast.

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist looks like this :
EthernetBuildIn : Yes
GraphicsEnabler : Yes
Kernel : match_kernel
Kernel Flags : darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1
Legacy Logo : Yes
Timeout : 2
UseKernelCache : Yes

I'm waiting for your opinion / ideas. If you think I have to modify something (it's my first hackintosh so I'm not an expert in all the drivers / tips I can use). If you think it's an unsolvable issue, what if I test Lion installation with this build ? (I only use OSX to work with Logic Pro, rest of the time I will on Windows, but I need the GTX on Windows and it would be annoying to remove / replace the card when I want to switch the OS x)

Thanks for your time and hope that you'll understand my bad english ^^'
Alexandre

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks a lot for all the informations I could have read on this website (included guidelines on building config / installation).

I'm here because I have a problem like described in the first subject of the topic (Random black screen after white apple screen loading), Mountain Lion boot isn't stable, it works only few time (maybe one in ten).
My computer :
- Intel i3770k

My SSD is separate in two partitions (dual boot Windows 7 / ML). Chimera is on the latest update and works fine with the selection of the different OS.

The problem has begun on the installation of ML. For success in this, I removed the GTX 560Ti and used the motherboard HDMI link to connect my screen (use of HD4000 I guess). I used Unibeast 1.5.3. Everything is ok using this one, but when I reconnect the GTX, the boot becomes instable.. On the other hand, when it works, Mountain Lion is incredibly stable !

-x
-x with both

In Multibeast, I'll try to check Easybeast one time (nothing), DSDT free (nothing).. I'm looking for this OpenCL you speak about, but there is nothing like that in the new version of Multibeast.

I'm waiting for your opinion / ideas. If you think I have to modify something (it's my first hackintosh so I'm not an expert in all the drivers / tips I can use). If you think it's an unsolvable issue, what if I test Lion installation with this build ? (I only use OSX to work with Logic Pro, rest of the time I will on Windows, but I need the GTX on Windows and it would be annoying to remove / replace the card when I want to switch the OS x)

Alexandre
So i had exactly ur problem so i installed chamelion boot loader one of the latest builds from osx86.net and used graphicsenabler = yes and it worked fine
Try it and tell us what happend

Hi everyone,

My computer :
- Intel i3770k

-x
-x with both

Alexandre

I had the same problem. If the newest chameleon doesn't work for you, you could try using these kernel flags (I currently use these):

darkwake=0 npci=0x3000

Without the npci one I would intermittently have boot issues. Sometimes I would get stuck at a black screen. Other times it wouldn't make it past PCI configuration. Even got stuck at a grey screen a few times too. Using npci=0x3000 fixed everything.

You're so amazing.. I really starting to think that my graphic card wasn't good!
So I had doing a mix of your two solutions. Just download the rev 2045 of Chameleon (I didn't know osx86.net and all its downloads before.. !!) and just had to set PCIRootUID=0 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and 100% booting!
I'm sure it would be a good thing to add the download of the latest Chameleon on the ML Installation guidelines for black screen problem.

Thank you thank you thank you!!

I had the some trouble but with diferente MOBO (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3).

i resolve this by going to the bios settings and 'OnBoard VGA' set value to 'enable if No Ext PEG' and install the last chameleon

hope this can help someone

That happens to me!

I also found out that the Nvidia monitoring kext (NVclockX, part of the FakeSMC plugins) causes freezes sometimes.

After I removed it, my system is more stable.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back