Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i5 8600K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I am able to get past the installer but doesn't read my GTX 660 Graphics Card and audio is just the biggest pain for something that should be relatively pretty simple. Was wondering if everything in my build is completely compatible with Mountain Lion 10.8.5. Desperately need to get this version of OSX running so I can use Pro Tools 10 and as soon as possible. Here is my build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK Edition
CPU: Intel i7 4790k
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660
RAM: 24GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz RAM
Power Supply: 750W High Current Gamer PSU
Insane amount of storage drives Ranging from 120GB SSD to 4TB HDD

Please help me out!!!!! I'm desperate here!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am able to get past the installer but doesn't read my GTX 660 Graphics Card and audio is just the biggest pain for something that should be relatively pretty simple. Was wondering if everything in my build is completely compatible with Mountain Lion 10.8.5. Desperately need to get this version of OSX running so I can use Pro Tools 10 and as soon as possible. Here is my build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK Edition
CPU: Intel i7 4790k
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660
RAM: 24GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz RAM
Power Supply: 750W High Current Gamer PSU
Insane amount of storage drives Ranging from 120GB SSD to 4TB HDD

Please help me out!!!!! I'm desperate here!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

First: simplify your system. Remove the GTX 660 and all drives except the one you intend to install OS X on. Go into your motherboard's UEFI BIOS and find the "Restore Optimized Defaults" setting (that may not be exactly what it's called, but it's close) and do it. Install with the onboard HD Graphics 4600, not with the GTX 660, following the 10.8 Guide. Then once you get it running you can add the boot flag "GraphicsEnabler=No", shut down, install the GTX 660, and boot back up with it.

followed that process, System reads my graphics card perfectly, however the audio is still a huge issue. this motherboard uses the ALC1150 audio codec. I follow the correct steps for driver installations using multibeast, (I will post a picture of the list later on tonight as I am not at my system at the moment). I install those drivers, restart my system, boot back in and everything appears to be running as it should be, like how an actual Mac is supposed to look on screen. However, I go into System Preferences>Sound>Output, and it lists all audio devices as useable, it even lets me turn volume up and down but there is no sound coming from my speakers. I have a Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Set that works beautifully in Windows and when I had Yosemite 10.10.5 installed but for some reason there is no sound whatsoever coming from either my speakers or my headphones. I need Mountain Lion to run on this system as flawlessly as possible because I need to be able to run Pro Tools 10, it's very essential. So, not going to lie, but kinda desperate here:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:. Any idea what could be causing that? Like i said everything works great, audio devices listed, but when selected, no sound whatsoever even after multibeast driver installs. Please help!!:banghead::banghead: lol

But thank you very much for the response!! This is a great community for this stuff, very helpful!

followed that process, System reads my graphics card perfectly, however the audio is still a huge issue. this motherboard uses the ALC1150 audio codec. I follow the correct steps for driver installations using multibeast, (I will post a picture of the list later on tonight as I am not at my system at the moment). I install those drivers, restart my system, boot back in and everything appears to be running as it should be, like how an actual Mac is supposed to look on screen. However, I go into System Preferences>Sound>Output, and it lists all audio devices as useable, it even lets me turn volume up and down but there is no sound coming from my speakers. I have a Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Set that works beautifully in Windows and when I had Yosemite 10.10.5 installed but for some reason there is no sound whatsoever coming from either my speakers or my headphones. I need Mountain Lion to run on this system as flawlessly as possible because I need to be able to run Pro Tools 10, it's very essential. So, not going to lie, but kinda desperate here:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:. Any idea what could be causing that? Like i said everything works great, audio devices listed, but when selected, no sound whatsoever even after multibeast driver installs. Please help!!:banghead::banghead: lol

But thank you very much for the response!! This is a great community for this stuff, very helpful!

Read through this guide VERY CAREFULLY - I find these guides a little difficult to follow, though others think they're very clear. And follow it step by step to see if you can fix your audio. And if that fails, post a message to that thread, including all the requested information; toleda's a good guy, he'll help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back