Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully someone can help me...

I have a Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 Bios F11, Xeon CPU, Nvidia GT640 running ML without DSDT

All of which is running great thanks to all the info on this forum except for the Audio. No matter what I try I do not get any audio devices listed. I think I have tried all the combinations of AppleHDA etc but have had no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 Bios F11, Xeon CPU, Nvidia GT640 running ML without DSDT
See #3, Unsupported/Non Working Audio ML Optimized AppleHDA in Post #1 of this thread.

Your duplicated post has been deleted.

Hi, I don't know why, but my audio stopped working!

ALC889 on GA-P55A-UD4 rev1 F15 and DSDT modified with layout 1 in (HPET).

Tried to reinstall kext (with DSDT) from Multibeast 5.2.1 but nothing.
I deleted kext, rebuild cache (Kext Utility), reboot, and reinstalled Toleda kext but nothing.
I can see all the output and input inside System Preferences/Audio, but I can't see sound!
I can increse/decrease volume, but nothing sound.

I have searched in tonymac forum, in all the web, tried different solution... but I am unable to solve them.

(In Windows audio is working, than it's not an hardware issue).

My IOreg: http://www.mediafire.com/?ahflskcau7k9oj1
DSDT: http://www.mediafire.com/?o2s4x9it4980ssv

help me, please! :*

------

EDIT: SOLVED!

Hi, I solved restoring two file: com.apple.audio.SystemSettings.plist and com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist into /Library/Preferences/Audio (taked from an old TimeMachine backup). Deleting this two file, leaving to OS X the task of recreating it don't solve the issue. Needs to restore it from an old (working) backup!
I don't know why it's happened, I have to investigate about this, but I hope that isn't an incompatibility with MOTU sound card (Firewire).
I will let you know
Bye!

lollo78,

You've got it working now, but after running MultiBeast you need to select "Internal Speakers" in System Prefs-> Sound -> Output. I've "enjoyed" this myself on occasion. Haven't tried it in 5.2.1 (yet).

Hope this helps in the future.

Hi peppy2 I have always used Internal Speaker.
i don't know why my Audio had gone crazy!
But now is solved.
Thanks again for your advice

Hello,

So I have a x79-up4 system that I was able to get sound working for using this Optimized Apple HDA (by installing using kextbeast). The only issue I'm having is that the interface sound effects such as volume and draging items to the trash have a 3x echo effect. So if I drag something to the trash for example the normal sound with echo 2 extra times. Has anyone experienced this or know how to fix it?

Thanks so much

I should also add. That I figured out. When there are no usb sticks plugged in to the system when booting it works as it should. But when you have a usb key plugged in when booting the echo happens.

Does the "Asus Sandy Bridge/6 Series motherboards with 3xxx BIOS - phantom codec" include the Z9PE-D8 WS too?
I'm not getting any audio no way no how (audio devices all there, shows airplay, detects headphones etc but no sound).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back