Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion on Zotac H77ITX-B-E + i5 3570K ( Intel HD Graphics 4000 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio:
Yeah, I did use your DSDT for HDEF-HDMI_audio-Wifi, and analog audio and Wifi worked (but not HDMI audio).
After that, I did a clean re-install and decided to try to make my own DSDT... and I am struggling a bit. Also don't have much time during the week. I will give making another try this weekend, but I find the whole DSDT thing a bit confusing...:eek: but maybe the light will go on if I give it a few more tries.

Thanks for all your help! Will reply in this thread with updates (will probably be posting in Toleda's audio threads for help too).

Hi I try to install miramar DSDT, to do that, I put "dsdt-HDEF-HDMI4000.aml" from dsdt-miramar-Zotac-Z77ITX.zip kit on dekstop and run multibeast. After reboot I have kernel panic so I think I don't understand well and did a mistake.
I have no problem to follow your 5 steps but could you give us the final step to install miramar HDEF-HDMI_audio-Wifi DSDT ?

Thanks a lot !

Hi I try to install miramar DSDT, to do that, I put "dsdt-HDEF-HDMI4000.aml" from dsdt-miramar-Zotac-Z77ITX.zip kit on dekstop and run multibeast. After reboot I have kernel panic so I think I don't understand well and did a mistake.
I have no problem to follow your 5 steps but could you give us the final step to install miramar HDEF-HDMI_audio-Wifi DSDT ?

Thanks a lot !
MB probably did not recognize it because it is not in the name format the DSDT database uses. Just rename the dsdt-HDEF-HDMI4000.aml to DSDT.aml and copy it into your /extra folder. Or copy it, then rename it, doesn't matter.
Repair permissions, reboot.

MB probably did not recognize it because it is not in the name format the DSDT database uses. Just rename the dsdt-HDEF-HDMI4000.aml to DSDT.aml and copy it into your /extra folder. Or copy it, then rename it, doesn't matter.
Repair permissions, reboot.

No, it is because there is more than one .AML file in the .ZIP, and I assume all were on the desktop at the time Multibeast was run. In this case, MB doesn't copy any of them.

I had a similar thing happen to me where I had DSDT.AML and SSDT.AML on the desktop, expecting that Multibeast with UserDSDT would copy at least the DSDT.AML, but it does not. It chooses to do nothing if there are multiple files matching *.AML on the desktop.

More info here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multibeas...not-copy-desktop-dsdt-aml-extra-dsdt-aml.html

No, it is because there is more than one .AML file in the .ZIP, and I assume all were on the desktop at the time Multibeast was run. In this case, MB doesn't copy any of them.

I had a similar thing happen to me where I had DSDT.AML and SSDT.AML on the desktop, expecting that Multibeast with UserDSDT would copy at least the DSDT.AML, but it does not. It chooses to do nothing if there are multiple files matching *.AML on the desktop.

More info here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multibeas...not-copy-desktop-dsdt-aml-extra-dsdt-aml.html

Since the OP said "I put "dsdt-HDEF-HDMI4000.aml" from dsdt-miramar-Zotac-Z77ITX.zip kit on dekstop" I assumed that there was only the one .aml file on the desktop - could have been wrong - there is that saying about assuming things.

Since the OP said "I put "dsdt-HDEF-HDMI4000.aml" from dsdt-miramar-Zotac-Z77ITX.zip kit on dekstop" I assumed that there was only the one .aml file on the desktop - could have been wrong - there is that saying about assuming things.

This is a snippet of postinstall script code from MB:

Code:
if [ -f "$HOME/Desktop/"*".aml" ]; then
	cp -p $HOME/Desktop/*.aml "${3}/Extra/DSDT.aml"
	echo "DSDT successfully installed."
else
	echo "No DSDT found on desktop! Assuming DSDT Free installation."
fi

As you can see, it doesn't care what the .AML file is named, but it does care that there is only one matching *.AML (the cp is a nop in that case).

Thanks all for your answers.

I did a new try just before going to work.
I copy the same "dsdt-HDEF-HDMI4000.aml" to /Extra, rename it to "DSDT.aml", repair permissions (with disk utilities) and reboot.
I still have a kernel panic. In verbose the message is not very explicit, a problem with kernel_task, see screenshot there if you want.

I think the problem is other, eithers :
- This aml file is design for Z77ITX, I have a H77ITX-B-E like herflet (author of this topic) but he say he manage to have sound with this file. Maybe he install it a special way or did something before ?
-I'm a real osx86 noob (I install for the 1st time OSX on a PC yesterday / but I'm a computer enginneer since 10 years and work with linux and osx). Maybe maybe I miss an important step before installing this file.
- Other (?)

Now I manage to reboot computer without reinstalling OSX with unibeast when I got this problem by deleting DSDT.aml in user mode. I got an other problem : when I boot, display has little "pixel troubles" (artefact) on boot menu and then become totaly in trouble (unusable) in 1920x1080 osx desktop (like a problem of framerate) : I had to unplug and plug DVI cable (each time I arrive on desktop) and all go fine.

EDIT : what about that : http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=42546 ? The motherboard has a Realtek ALC892, maybe I can install this driver (?) but it is design for OSX 10.7 and HD3000 HDMI Audio (my mb got a HD4000). Someone say on this topic that he manage to have the driver working on M.L. (see last posts).

Attachments

• CAM00004.jpg
    CAM00004.jpg
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 1,821
Anyway, I got temporary fix for my audio by setting UseKernelCache=No bootflag.

Thanks it works for me too but boot take twice time (not a problem because computer usage is pro and will be switch one time a day).
Did someone has a DSDT, now, for this motherboard ?

I read all the topics about wifi & h77itx zotac MB and try several things to have wifi but nothing work (we will not use it then it is not a problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back