CPU
Graphics
EVGA GTX680 SC SIG
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi people i have a few small questions about this motherboard and what i should be selecting in MultiBeast to get this board fully working. I also have a GTX 680, A 240GB Agility 3 ssd, and will add another HDD later for storage

This is how i got it to install after 5 or 6 days of getting frustrated and googling many different things i finally got to the desktop tonight only not real sure where to go from here.

I tried UniBeast 1.5.2 that kept giving me kernal panics durin the install process so i found another installer called my hack 3.1.2 i got it to boot the installer with the flags "GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 -v" when it gets to the running scripts and stops and pops up on screen my hack is asking for your extra folder i just pressed the reset button changed back to the UniBeast boot USB stick and put the same flags in and booted the newly installed hdd to finish the setup of user account so i am now at the desktop with my quandary, Do i use the DSDT from this forum topic - http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desktop-guides/40361-lion-ga-x79-ud5.html its a bios version for f10 on page 4 or 5 i think, what version of MultiBeast do i use 4.6.1 or 5.0.2 and what do i select?

do i actually need the DSDT as i was looking in MBv5 and the options have changed now to "userDSDT or DSDT-free installation"
i know it has Realteck ALC898 for the audio just not to sure if i go the option with DSDT or without DSDT
it has 3x 88SE9172 GSATA ports so i assume it would be the 3rd party (e)SATA but in the description it supports 88SE912
i know that i need the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from reading the lion on ga x79 ud5 post
the network runs on hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet so thats no problem
next i will need to select the GraphicsEnabler=No for the GTX680
should i use the standard MacPro 3,1 or should i select something else does this effect the performance?
can i use any of the FakeSMC plugins, motherboard, nvidia, or hwmonitor ?
is there anything else that I'm missing?
the firewire has found the mixer thats plugged in and has selected that as my sound card for the moment
i assume i will have to edit the org.Chameleon.boot.plist in the extra folder to add the npci=0x3000 -v and PCIRootUID=0 (I might add the pci root id fix and verbose boot then edit it) not sure if this is a wise thing to do.
I assume that the System Utilities option is just an automatic thing now and thats why it was removed so if i edit the previous boot.plist do i have to do an cache refresh or repair permissions for that‹›

sorry this post might seem long but i just want to be thorough about what I've managed to get working and how to move forward from here

thanks for reading
fr05ty

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 12.37.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 12.37.04 AM.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 655
well this is my results after jumping off the cliff (if you dont try you dont know right) everything i clicked seems to have installed fine except for the audio, sort-of, i have no audible sound output but i can select it in the sys-pref config, the only problem is when I selected it and try to play a youtube clip it plays for about 3-7 seconds and then stops/freezes and when i go to the sound options in the sys-pref and change to say my g35 headset or the firewire mixer the video will then continue to play from where it stopped and output audio over the headset or mixer on what i've select

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 3.23.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 3.23.16 PM.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 365
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 6.19.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 6.19.48 PM.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 550
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 6.35.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 6.35.26 PM.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 241
I have also been having the same audio problem, I have the same board and same bios (f12). I've gotten everything else to work except the ALC 898.

I downloaded the Interim 898 Lion AppleHDA kext and loaded it with kextbeast and now it shows outputs in system prefs but still no sound and the same issue with videos/music stopping after 2-3seconds.

If you could tell me specifically how you got it to work I would be very grateful!

I removed all the audio kexts off the computer, I only had the appleHDA.kext on there because I installed the user DSDT that had the audio edits in it. I then downloaded the interim 898 kext on the first page and used kext beast to install it restarted the pc and had audio

OK. I have GA-X79-UD3 MB, but I'm using the UD5 DSDT from that thread you mentioned earlier.
These MB's are virtually the same.
EVERYTHING is working perfectly.

I put MacPro5,1 in smobis.plist and I think you should too.

I'm attaching my DSDT which is fully edited and some needed kexts and Kext Utlity (in case you don't already have it).
AppleHDA is fro 10.6.2 and is the only one that worked for me and gave me 5.1 sound.
ALC8xxHDA is obvious as is NullCPU....which is mandatory
The other two dropped my boot time from over a minute to 30 something seconds.

Hope it helps.

Attachments

• UD5 Twaks.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 450
Hey Dr,

Did you ever get Sleep to work ? Also USB3 ?

I have the Same board and im wanting to get it to work best as I can.

I downloaded you Kext's and the DSDT.

Are you installing them or Putting them in your extra folder ??

Thanks !!

I install them with Kext Wizard .

I can confirm that since 10.8.2 USB 3 is working natively :)

As for sleep...I have no use for it so I never tried. I also found that since 10.8.2 my boot time has doubled so I removed AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext and replaced them with the ones from the 10.8.2 installation and it boots even faster than before now. They must have fixed what was wrong before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back