Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion on Intel DX58SO [FULLY WORKING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
user_01 pack really works, but there are patches that are not applied in this pack.

The complete pack for this mobo is based on the work of "Maldon" found on the same site. Look at the DSDT patches applied in my config and you have everything working correctly with only 4 kexts and DSDT edits.

It is not necessary Multibeast, Unibeast and bla bla bla. You only need:

- DSDT with all patches applied.
- org.chameleon.Boot.plist with all strings applied
- SMBIOS Mac Pro 4.1

- Kexts:
- Fakesmc
- AppleHDA (patched)
- Legacy889HDA
- AppleIntel8256X

Tools:

- Kext Utility
- DSDT Editor

Many people think that only Gigabyte mobos work perfectly, but I can guarantee that this board works even better than most x58 boards.

Radeon Vapor-X also has a better performance than all radeon 5770.

Check this link:

and

Check this link:

Works:

Ethernet / Firewire / Sound Onboard

Shut Down and Restart works with no Kext.

Sleep and Wake works with no Kext.

Intel SpeedStep works with no Kext.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you please get me a copy of all the files and how to install them.

i got ml working with the same steps as shown above however sleep works but no wake up only black screen.

Just wanted to post an update in case anybody is still using this board - I just did a clean install of Mavericks 10.9 - using the latest UniBeast and the guide in this thread (HUGE thanks to
laim0p)
, everything pretty much worked; onboard ethernet straight from install; sound still needs mulitbeast;

AVOID STEP 10 - you don't need to install chamelon from the 108pack - just go to step 11;

the only thing I can't get to work is my old AMD Radeon 6750 card; still get graphics with no problems, just not recognizing the card/monitor... i'm working on that at the moment...

so far so good; 24h after install --- let's hope it stays that way !

v

hi.
i'm sorry, but the mountain lion is no longer available for download in the appstore and install meveriks not want to because of bad reviews. please tell me how to solve this problem.
thanks.

Hi

My Installation couldn't start. as soon as I tried to boot from USB kernal panic come and a message shows "You need to restart your computer".

My specification

Mobo : DX58SO
Processor : Core i7 930
HDD: 500GB
RAM : 8x2=16GB Corsair
Graphics : Nvidia GT610

Please Help.

Thanks

Hi

My Installation couldn't start. as soon as I tried to boot from USB kernal panic come and a message shows "You need to restart your computer".

My specification

Processor : Core i7 930
HDD: 500GB
RAM : 8x2=16GB Corsair
Graphics : Nvidia GT610

Please Help.

Thanks
Hi

I am running Mavericks. Today I successfully installed the OS X Update Combined 10.9.5.

My Rig:

Processor : Core i7 920
HDD: USB 500GB
RAM : 4x4=16GB Corsair
Graphics : Nvidia GT650 Ti

I found the instructions very helpful and testing all this from a USB Disk rather than a HDD Internal make the things sweet.

I even haven't change my BIOS from RAID to AHCI (Since my main purpose of the PC is a Windows based OS with 2 RAID (RAID1 x2 HHD and RAID0 x2 HHD).

If i could be of any help. Please let me know.

Thanks for the update Victor 2k9!

hi i just installed yosemite with this board but im having a problem with the ethernet... works for a few minutes then cuts off... any ideas ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back