Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion on ASUS P8Z77-M Pro for Dummies, i7-3.5GHz, HD4000, Audio/DVI/HDMI (+Audio)/Sleep/Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Javadi thank you for this guide, after several attempts (1 day and 1 morning since I assembled my hardware) I was able to successfully run my system, but when I found your guide I was put on the right path... :)
I decided to upgrade my hardware over which I had a successful installation of SL for a couple of years, since my ASUS MBO Asus P6T SE left me some days ago. At that time it took me 3 days to have SL working, so maybe I'm learning something, maybe the procedures are improving ;)
I'll write a few notes because, even if I was following this guide straight, my first attempts always led to a safe-mode-only working installation.

My system:
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V LE PLUS
Processor i7-3770 LGA1155
Graphics ATI RADEON HD 5770 (added ONLY after the complete installation)
Memory 2*8Gb KINGSTON DDR III1600 CL11 (on Bank 1 and Bank 3)
Storage Samsung SSD 120 Gb 840 Basic Sata 3

How it worked

STEP 1: PATCH BIOS
As in your guide, I downloaded the one for my P8Z77-V LE PLUS from http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/z77/
Used the USB Flashback procedure

STEP 2: BIOS SETTINGS
As in your guide

STEP 3: DOWNLOADS
I used the latest versions available of Unibeast and Multibeast, so they work (UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.7.0 and MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.2.1)
I didn't use your DSDT since the system failed booting (except for safe mode) on one installation I made with it and I'm not planning to use HDMI anyway by now; I might try creating my own DSDT from my system once I have more time

STEP 4: MAIN INSTALLATION
As in the guide, I always had to use safe mode switch -x, no way to have it working using any combination of any other switch

STEP 5: TRICK
As in your guide, except for the DSDT that I didn't use in my last successful installation I'm writing from
Some options on your picture from Multibeast are not expanded:
Since my MB uses Realtek ALC889, I checked Audio-Realtel ALC8xx\Without DSDT\ALC889 (of course)
Drivers\Miscellaneous\FakeSMC Plugins I checked both of them
Drivers\System\AppleACPIPlatform Rollback now in the new version of Multibeast has two options (10.6.8 for ASUS X58 and 10.8.1) I used 10.8.1 Rollback only
System Definitions\iMac\13,1

ADDITIONAL
Using the VGA port leads to a point where the screen screws up, I had to use a different monitor which had the DVI connection (DVI adapter over VGA cable doesn't work either)
I removed the PCI graphic card Radeon HD 5770 during the entire installation process, until I was able to boot straight form hard disk without safe mode; at that point I added the Radeon and the system recognized it smoothly; also, since I use two monitors, one is now attached to the motherboard DVI port, the other to the Radeon DVI port (using DVI adapter over VGA cable); connecting my second display to the VGA port from the motherboard doesn't work.

THINGS THAT STILL DON'T WORK
Sleep Mode doesn't wake up even if I updated the BIOS as on STEP 1; at this point I'm just planning not to use this feature, unless someone has some hint
2 USB port (below the flashback one, mystery...)
Cheers!

Just because I was stupid, accidentally I updated my rig to 10.8.3... Before you do it, make sure someone did it successfully. In my case, there was no success. I'm still not sure what's the problem, but my suspect is the GPU. Doesn't matter Ati or nVidia, both can be the reason.

Actually the error is this:
Waiting for remote debugger connection.
kdp_poll: no debugger device

If anyone has an idea, please tell me, I'm in the middle of a job, and the last thing I wanna do is reinstall the OS...

thanks

link for suggestions if you're in the same shoes.

Hi,

"ASUS P8Z77-M PRO" with flashed latest BIOS mod.
I just finished the installing all the hardware into my new G5 case. Windows is working great, but I can't boot into the OSX installation.
Flashed the BIOS before booting anything. Can boot into my old Windows 8 installation without problems, but can't boot OSX from the Unibeast stick.

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

Edit:
solved! Had "Limit CPUID Maximum = enabled"…
After disable it boots!

Folks,

I have a new build:

Asus P8Z77-M Pro LGA 1155
i7 3770k 3.5Ghz LGA 1155
GTX670 DCII 2Gb DDR5
Samsung SSD 840 Series 500GB - SATA III 6Gbs

I have followed the various instructions to download and install the patched bios 1805.

I have not downloaded the DSDT because I am not running audio over HDMI (is this a correct assumption)

I would like to get rid of the erroneous "ebios" msg repeated 4 times on boot up - any sugestions welcome

I would also like to make full use of all USB 3 ports - Is this now possible?

Please could someone post a screen shot from MB 5.3.1 - with the correct settings clicked.

Many thanks

Hi, first of all thanks for this guide!
I am a Dummy and it is good to see a step by step guide because most of the time I don't know what I am doing when I pay with these things :D

I have a problem, here is a photo that I shot to my screen after applying your settings.
Looks like a kernel panic.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63710852/problem.JPG
I am with the following hardware:
ASUS P8Z77-V
i7 3770 3.4 ghz
SSD OCX Vertex 256 gb

If you can help me I will be grateful to you :)
Thanks in advance

I have reinstalled everything, this time I have a different problem.. and I wonder why, since I made exactly the same procedure...
The computer now boots with no problems, but the screen is not showing properly... I can't read anything, it looks like it repeats horizontally 5 times in my 27 inches monitor and there are loads of horizontal lines that prevent me from reading the content. :banghead:

Another update:
I have tried installing again since I don't know how/if it is possible to reset the multibeast choices and I cannot see my screen in order to give another go on it.

I have made three installations following this guide, the first ended up with a kernel panic, the second was loading nicely, but I had the issue with the video and now I made a third one, again kernel panic.

I have applied changes that, according to the posts in this thread, should not have changed anything. In fact I have tried to change how the computer is recognized by the system. The first time I have used Mac Pro, the second I have used iMac 21 (but I have a 27" screen and I was concerned) so I installed again as a Mac pro and it goes again in Kernel Panic.
Is it possible that Kernel Panic occurs according to the setting above?
Thanks in advance, I hope someone can help me as I am really lost after I paid a lot of money for a new set of disks

Hello Everybody!
Is there anyone who use Clover bootloader? I'm working on to create a good config.plist file for Clover but it seems harder than it is with Chameleon or Chimera. Sorry, but I'm out of hard working "hacking" bussiness to make my Hackintosh perfect and the Clover is a whole new world of this, and I missed it before.

The first things I have to solve somehow are the boot errors. I don't know is there any good solution for that 10.8.3+kdp-poll error but my observation is HD4000 and Radeon HD6870 don't work with each other anymore. So I've deleted all of HD4000 kexts from Extensions.

Now I can boot but doesn't have a fully supported 6870, it's just 6xxx in the profiler.

So, my questions are, Can someone send me his own config file with this board? Or maybe write a short guide where should we start if we want to switch to Clover? For example, how should we attach our dsdt file?

Thanks guys!

Okay, I don't know who cares about this thing, but finally i solved my problems with 10.8.3 after more than a couple of weeks.

If anyone else has problems with PCI-e GPU and iGPU after0 10.8.3 update, my solution is exactly this:

1. Install Easybeast ML 10.8.2 like you'd do anytime(install kexts, boot args and other stuffs you need).

2. If you have done everything, and your ATI card is known correctly in system specs.( HD6870, not HD6xxx) just download the Combo 10.8.4 update from Apple website(not from Appstore!)

3. Install it. BUT, before restart, make sure, you enabled the iGPU under BIOS and plugged your monitor into it - OR if you have a secondary (recovery)system, boot it and - delete all kexts in S/L/E folder from "AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri.kext" to 'AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle"

4. Repair permissions on that volume and reboot from Primary GPU with these flags: "-V -X GraphicsEnabler=No"

5. If everything went perfectly, you have a working system now, but your card is shown as HD6xxx. Then, just reboot normally and after, you'll have a fully functional system.

I hope if someone else is trapped in this 10.8.3 problem like me, this guide will be helpful.:)
Cheers

Hi Guys,

I'm new to OS X. I have a P8Z77-m, and intel i7-2700K @ 3.50GHz with on-board graphics card, 1x256G SSD and 3 hard drives installed. I have also Windows 7 and Fedora Linux18 as dual-boot. If I squeeze some space on one of the hard drives and install os x, don't know is my GRUB will be deleted and I have to reinstall GRUB? or any other OS damage?

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back