Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion on ASUS P8Z77-M Pro for Dummies, i7-3.5GHz, HD4000, Audio/DVI/HDMI (+Audio)/Sleep/Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mrengles,
Just had to give your dsdt a try, but I cannot boot with it. Surprising, as our dsdt's have only small differences. Perhaps our org.chameleon.boot.plists can show why, so I attach a copy of mine below.
I am using patched 1708 bios, HDaudio with layoutID 3, HD4000 graphics only. Minor annoyances are occasional sleep/wake issues, and no airplay though the icon is present most of the time. It would be great to fix these.
Are you using an ssdt to enable speedstep?
Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    998 bytes · Views: 318
Hi mrengles,
Just had to give your dsdt a try, but I cannot boot with it. Surprising, as our dsdt's have only small differences. Perhaps our org.chameleon.boot.plists can show why, so I attach a copy of mine below.
I am using patched 1708 bios, HDaudio with layoutID 3, HD4000 graphics only. Minor annoyances are occasional sleep/wake issues, and no airplay though the icon is present most of the time. It would be great to fix these.
Are you using an ssdt to enable speedstep?
Merry Christmas!

Did you rename the file to DSDT.aml? Also I provided two files a compiled (.aml), and un-compiled (.dsl) make sure you put the right one in your /extra folder.

If you look a little closer at my DSDT you will notice the USB sections have been completely reworked.

Secondly I'm using audio Layout-ID 1 per Toleda's instructions because of the 6 audio ports.
When you say "can't boot" do you get any errors? What does verbose mode show?

Myself and others are using this DSDT without issues.

No SSDT need on my end because I'm using an Ivy Bridge CPU.

-Mrengles

Yes, I did use your compiled file renamed to DSDT.aml and copied to /Extra.

Previously I used audio LayoutID:3 as toledo had advised me for my board (didn't think too much about it at the time).

Now I have tried -x without success, also -v, but only get kp's with both. Verbose mode indicates MCA Error code 0x1136.

Encouraged by other posts of yours, over the last week I have installed Clover v2 on a USB stick, with success with my dsdt in the /ACPI/Patched folder and no input (0x0000) from the CloverFixDsdtMask. To achieve this I had to extract a fresh dsdt, apply toleda's HDaudio patch, and again compile. The dsdt I had previously created (Chimera boot) was unsuccessful. All this is to suggest for Chimera bootloading the dsdt may have to be different to that needed when booted via Clover. Have you tested yours with both bootloaders?

You also appear to have applied the Asus patch given to "Going Bald" by toledo for his P8Z77-i build, which I tried at the time but then deleted as it seemed to add no extra functionality to my install (sleep/wake and speedster were no better than before).

Subsequently, I found that sleep/wake issues were introduced after my LG dvd drive was connected and not resolved when it was disconnected again. Do you have a dvd drive in your system?

Is it possible to explain the usb reworking or attach a patch for me to try?

Ozbrit72

why don't you PM me your original DSDT and patched. We can figure this out. The usb3 fix is not a simple patch you can use with DSDT editor. It's a few emails worth of info and apple DSDT to look at.

PM me so we don't hijack this thread.

mrengles

mrengles

I have been trying to PM you but my sent box remains empty. There seems to be no way to include attachments to PMs. Have you received any PMs from me?

Thanks

mrengles

I have been trying to PM you but my sent box remains empty. There seems to be no way to include attachments to PMs. Have you received any PMs from me?

Thanks

Yes I received your private messages about 10 of them :)

Check your email inbox at the address you sent me.

Mrengles

Hey javadi and everyone,

Ah, a thread for dummies. That's me!!!

This is my first Hackintosh build; yes, I'm a noob; yes, I promise to keep it brief.

You had success with the ASUS P8Z77-V motherboard; I actually have the P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard. I just have 2 questions, please; well, maybe 2 1/2.

1) Had you updated your ASUS BIOS to the new .CAP update from ASUS and then flashed your BIOS with samisnake's utility?

2) Did you download your copy of Mountain Lion from the app store using one of your Mac's, or did you upgrade to Mountain Lion from the app store on your P8Z77-V Hackintosh build?

2 1/2) I know I should just focus on getting Snow Leopard up and running because I have no other way of obtaining Mountain Lion other than updating from Snow Leopard on the app store, is that right? I mean, once I get Snow Leopard up and running (I purchased the disk (Snow Leopard) via the app store), can I update to Mountain Lion from my Hackintosh? Just thinking ahead.

Thank you very much for your time. Hoping someone can help out someone just getting started.

Never2L8

Happy Holidays!!!!

Hey guys,

I have a P8Z77M-Pro board as well and I'm having a little issue with audio. The audio is REALLY loud. I have a cheap logitech speaker powered and connected via USB only. And I have the sound level one notch above MUTE. And this works okay, but it's not possible to get any lower volume. I've tried with with apple earpod's also, and it's the same problem. I've plugged the USB at the board's rear ports and front ports on my case, as well as the headphones into the speaker jack. No difference.

I've the audio I installed on MultiBeast was Realtek ALC8xx - Without DSDT - ALC892.
If anyone has a solution that'd be amazing.

At least you got that far ... Do you recall your BIOS settings?

Thanks.

Oh, obviously I'm not using the exact same board, but it should at least have similar BIOS settings.

ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe BIOS: 1804; it's .CAP as well.

Thanks in advance!

mrengles,

I have installed DSDT v2.0 from your post #44 above modified to audio LayoutID:3 and am delighted to say I have no sleep/wake issues (after a couple of days testing), no USB issues (USB 2 sticks work in USB 2 and 3 ports, USB external drive works fine in all USB 3 ports). I seem to need LayoutID:3 for HD4000 audio over HDMI with no graphics card, which is a simple DSDT edit.

DSDT v1.0 did not work for my build, KPs each boot, and I could not even get into safe mode (-x).

This is the closest to 100% Hackintosh I have got. Thank you heaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back