Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion on ASRock B75M-ITX? (1st hackingtosh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Unpacked and test fittet it in a random computer chassis I had laying around before the real one arrives (whenever that will be...)

I flashed the bios and installed ML on my boot drive today, but having a little trouble as soon as I had installed things trough MultiBeast - for some odd reason my graphics got all messed up, like it was out of sync via HDMI, but even after restarting the monitor and replugging the cable I still had a picture that was unreadable...

What am I doing wrong?

At least I do get a picture, not like asafreewaya that just got a black screen :beachball:

I think I will start in the morning installing just Chimera so I at least can boot - and then make a image copy of the drive before installing the things one by one in MultiBeast.

I am just thinking here, would it work to set the profile as a MacBook Pro and install the update from here? http://tonymacx86.blogspot.dk/2012/06/apple-reveals-2012-mac-laptops-how-this.html

That on gives native Intel HD4000 and USB3.0 support on the newest MacBook Pro's....
Try this: download to USB drive the following:
chameleon wizard
chimera stand alone installer
MultiBeast for Mountain Lion

After install make these selections
chameleon wizard:
boot.plist with GUI, Ethernet Built In, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, darkwake=no, your display resolution
smbios.plist with Mac Mini 5,1
save files to desktop

open finder to root, create new folder Extra
copy .plists to extra, then delete from desktop
run chimera standalone starter

run MB and make these selections
fakesmc
fakesmc motherboard plugins
nonDSDT ALC 892
any theme you fancy using
lnx2macs RTL8xx ethernet

after install run disk utility - repair permissions
reboot -f -v

Dear,

Congratultions!

Would you please help me step by step in pictures? Especially in Bios setting, installation...

I cannot even get to the installation.

Also please send me the latest modified Bios.

Really appreciated.

Mine: i7-3770, AsRock B75M-itx, with internal HD-4000

UPDATE:

I have tried a few ways of making it work as a real mac, but have fell short :(

Ethernet works out of the box, sound is not important as I want to use it as a server, SATA drives show up as generic AHCI SATA6.0 controller, even the eSata port (and even when only 3 out of 4 internal ports is 6.0. the other 3 ports should be only SATA3.0), HDMI out works at a fixed resolution of 1024x768, I have legacy USB support for mouse and keyboard and it looks like the USB3.0 ports should work as they have their own driver IDs in system report (I don't have any USB3.0 devices so can't test).
Lastly, it's as default recognized as a Mac Pro 3.1 from early 2008 after I install OSXML.

Eventually my ultimate goal would be:
  • To change the device ID to a newer model, so I won't fall short in terms of upgradability via software update one day (as some older models can't run some of the newer software)
  • Make graphics work so I can choose resolution freely
  • My ultimate problem is I can only boot when the USB stick is in (the one with UniBeast), none of the boot loaders I have tried work properly
  • Lastly, I have an eject button stuck on my menu bar that don't seem to have any purpose, I want to remove it...

Those 4 things fixed and I would be plenty full happy :)

Try this: download to USB drive the following:
chameleon wizard
chimera stand alone installer
MultiBeast for Mountain Lion

After install make these selections
chameleon wizard:
boot.plist with GUI, Ethernet Built In, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, darkwake=no, your display resolution
smbios.plist with Mac Mini 5,1
save files to desktop

open finder to root, create new folder Extra
copy .plists to extra, then delete from desktop
run chimera standalone starter

run MB and make these selections
fakesmc
fakesmc motherboard plugins
nonDSDT ALC 892
any theme you fancy using
lnx2macs RTL8xx ethernet

after install run disk utility - repair permissions
reboot -f -v

Tried it but got confused about the root folder so eventually it did not work.
Could not boot, ended up with a black screen saying something about boot error and a lot of other mumbo jumbo.

Also tried installing like this guy had done it:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...0-asrock-h77m-itx-mountain-lion-10-8-1-a.html
Could not boot... Resulted in a endless loop at the grey apple logo.

Tried installing Chameleon as they have here:
http://www.osx86.net/view/2946-chameleon-2.1-intel_hd_graphics_4000.html
But I guess because I can not set graphics memory to the right amount then it eventually did not boot (I can only set to 64, 128, 256 and so on - not 96 or 192).

Lastly I tried only setting device ID as Mac Pro 5.1 and ende up with an official Apple error screen asking me in 5 different languages to restart.

Would you please help me step by step in pictures? Especially in Bios setting, installation...

I cannot even get to the installation.

Also please send me the latest modified Bios.

The modified Bios is in it's own thread here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/47397-msi-asrock-foxconn-1155-patched-bios-thread.html

Don't seem to find the link right now but look in there about two weeks ago and you will find it.

Look in the ASRock manual about how to flash bios, was really simple and quick.

I don't have any pictures as my installs are a little annoying so far....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back