Radeon 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So after a little fiddling, I followed this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-working-dsdt-not-required-37.html#post440472

And got a perfect install of Mountain Lion. Sound is fine, networking is fine, stability etc, everything looks good. The one thing I can't get working however is my second monitor. When I boot up from the hard drive like normal, only one shows up in the display tab of the settings menu. The only way I got it to work was running via the boot menu and inputting GraphicsEnabler=No. That seemed to fix it, but I don't want to have to do that every time I turn on the system. Is there a way around this? Or a way to make it enter this command every time?

My other specs: i5-2500k, Gigabyte Z68MA-d2h-b3, Corsair SSD.

Thanks very much

-Andy

Nobody has any advice to offer on this? Still having trouble =/

I have patched ATI6000controller.kext for MSI Cyclone 6850, dual monitor works with DVI GE=Yes, 10.8.2
PM me know if you want to give a try

If you want to set GraphicsEnabler=No as a default boot setting, change it in your boot configuration file in /Extra./ org.chameleon.Boot.plist.
Just right click on the file and open with Text Edit and scroll to where GraphicsEnabler is and either delete the lines
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

or Change it to
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

Close text edit and the changes will be saved. If you need GraphicsEnabler again, type it into Chimera on boot and change it back to what it was.

Thanks Hoe1026. Have PM'd you.

What limitations will graphics enabler being off impose on the system SubXero? I did a little reading, and it seems like that might hinder me a bit. I may need to do some graphics work on it from time to time, so I can't limit it much in that regard.

Also an update. I did a fresh install following the above guide, but this time I also followed the Mountain Lion 6XXX guide found here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html

Now my card shows up correctly in the info tab as an ATI Radeon 6850, and when I boot up, the two monitors are both on displaying the boot screen, but once I hit Mac OSx itself, the second monitor shuts down.

Any more thoughts?

Sorry for late reply, see attached for patched kext.

Thanks Hoe1026. Have PM'd you.

What limitations will graphics enabler being off impose on the system SubXero? I did a little reading, and it seems like that might hinder me a bit. I may need to do some graphics work on it from time to time, so I can't limit it much in that regard.

Also an update. I did a fresh install following the above guide, but this time I also followed the Mountain Lion 6XXX guide found here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html

Now my card shows up correctly in the info tab as an ATI Radeon 6850, and when I boot up, the two monitors are both on displaying the boot screen, but once I hit Mac OSx itself, the second monitor shuts down.

Any more thoughts?

Attachments

• ATI6000Controller.kext.zip
    110 KB · Views: 140
i have exactly the same problem!
im running 10.8.0 (just installed, was afraid to update yet ;) ) and both Displays only work with Graphicsenabler=No in my chameleon config.
Everything works fine with this config (card gets detected as ATI Radeon 6XXX) except Source Games on Steam (like Portal, Half-Life, CS, TF) those games quit before they really started. Other 3D OpenGL games (Appstore for example) work fine...

With Graphicsenabler=Yes those games work fine but my second monitor doesnt work anymore. (the Card now gets detected as Ati Radeon 6850 1024MB ).
Will this modified controller kext help me?

I just got everything working again (did a clean 10.8 vanilla install) and dont want to mess to much up :)

Are you using MSI HD6850?

no im own a sapphire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back